“Beautiful Hotel. Perfect for the Family!”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #21 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth
“Beautiful Hotel. Perfect for the Family!”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the Omni La Mansion del Rio and we loved it!. The rooms were fairly large and a pleasant change from your ordinary hotel room. Brick wall, wood beam ceilings and French doors that led to an outdoor walkway overlooking the courtyard pool. We were hoping to upgrade to a Riverview room, but I think the pool view was more suitable for our young kids. On Saturday night they had a movie at the pool so we could basically watch it from our room.

The location could not be beat either. I loved staying on the riverwalk and the convenience of walking to area attractions, restaurants and shops. Next time I hope we have time to visit the spa!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Arabic first
MIAMI
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I had stayed here once before with friends and tried to give it asecond chance.This time I was on a couples only vacation no friends but had worst time than the first and will never stay here again.Me and my girlfriend stayed here to have a romantic weekend and I couldn't believe what we found under the bed ...a dead RAT. We immedietly told the front desk who apologized and said it only happened once before and it was probrably because it found its way to from the kitchen but not to worry and they would give us a nights free room service on them.We checked out and stayed at the holiday inn and ended up having a wonderful time but still can't shake the nightmare we experienced at the OMNI.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LOUIS63
Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Recently returned from a really nice relaxing stay at the La Mansion. We stayed in a suite on the 4th floor with a balcony and riverwalk view. Lovely view from our room. As mentioned in other reviews, rooms facing the riverwalk can be somewhat noisy late at night and very early in the morning with delivery vehicles and trash collection. You need to remember that this is a city so if you don't want noise you should request an interior room. The hotel is very spanish in decor, loved the comfy beds with great linens, nightly turn-down service, and very nice cleaning staff. The pool was small, maybe they need to add more lounge chairs! Definitely not enough for the crowd that gathered in the afternoon.

Restaurants to recommend: Pesca for a very nice (two hour) meal. Somewhat pricey but very nice atmosphere. Bourdes, loved this place! the steaks are amazing. Make sure you get reservations. For mexican food, Iron Cactus and Rita's were both good and reasonably priced. Hard Rock is nice eat on the upper balcony if you don't like the loud music. Also ate at an italian restaurant adjacent to the Hard Rock. It was also good. Breakfast at Pesca is wonderful. Sergio was our waiter at both dinner and breakfast. He was very nice and gave recommendations for places to see and directions!

Make sure you do the barge tour. Very informative and fun at night. If you are there during the summer, make sure you attend the Rio del Noche show at the theatre on the riverwalk. This is a great latin inspired dance show sponsered by the Kiwanis Club. The show is Friday and Saturday nights at 8:30 purchase tickets for 15.00. Also, go the Mexican Market (El Mercado), and the Alamo.

Lovely stay in San Antonio and the La Mansion.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank IslandVacationer
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 28 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel price was pretty good but the rooms were average. We booked a room with a view of the Riverwalk. Unfortunately, our view was completely blocked by a huge tree. Be sure to ask them for a "clear" view of the Riverwalk. The garden pool was quaint. Not a lot of seating in the sun, so I would get there early in the day (on weekends).
I would recommend this hotel for the price, but personally we will try another hotel on the Riverwalk during our next visit.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teeter425
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I have stayed here on two occasions while in San Antonio on business and it has always been a great place to stay. Rooms adjacent to the Riverwalk are loud at night, yes. Rooms adjacent to the pool are loud during the summer days, yes! Park at the garage across the street instead of using valet. I was asked if I needed anything "special" since my wife was flying home early; I declined but some guests may see that as a plus?!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank CWVirginian
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Ok, I am not a princess or a diva, in fact read my other reviews - just down to earth and practical. This by far was the NOISIEST hotel I have ever stayed at. Yes, it was on the Riverwalk and you could hear the partyers on their way home, but it wasn't them that kept waking me up, it was the San Antonio BUSES roaring down the street that did it.

The hotel is in a great location on the Riverwalk, and it is well appointed and if you don't mind noise, you won't be disappointed. It does need some fine tuning.....like the valets/doormen who don't bother helping you with your luggage if you choose self parking (valet was $29.00 per night - self $9.00). Here I am pulling 2 suitcases, and carrying a beach bag, my purse and laptop to check in while my husband parked the car. Hello??? Doorman???? You can't see me strugging????

Our room was spacious and I found beds and pillows comfy. Once again the picky little things.....like not getting more shampoo on day 2. And the tap in the bathtub is preset to lukewarm (I want the CHOICE of a hot shower). And why didn't they put 2 sinks on the huge valet, oh, and the design of the toilet....eww, flushing problems, and poor lighting. YIKES, I'm sounding like a princess!

My last gripe was in attempting to pour water in the crazy 2 cup coffee maker that doesn't pull out enough from the cupboard and it spills all over the place. And Wolfgang Puck..........your name is all over the coffee and the coffee fixins.......do your really want your name associated with plastic creamer???? Not that it was replenished day 2 either. Oh well.

I did have a positive experience printing 6 flags tickets through concierge (Saved $20 per person buying them in advance on line and printing them at the hotel) and the hotel bar serves yummy strawberry margaritas (we had to beg to sit on the empty patio......in which all the tables were reserved for dinner patrons - who never showed up).

So, bottom line we had a great time due to our friends, but given the choice would try any other hotel first before going back to the OMNI - like the Sheraton Guenter - we liked that one!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank torav
New York
Reviewed 14 May 2009

We went to San Antonio for an extended weekend and had a great stay here. The hotels most interesting history, combined with a terrific location and courteous staff made for a most memorable short vacation.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends