“Great location”

Ranked #64 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great location”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here for a convention and the location is great. Close to riverwalk and downtown. Can pretty much walk everwhere even to the Alamo. Rooms were roomy and clean, slighlty dated. Beds and sheets super comfortable. Towels a bit rough. The hotel bad called 501 is great. Bartender Svietta is superb in efficient service and really made the bar a fun place to hang out after a long day. All in all, the hotel is superior to regular La Quintas.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Estellewilks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Hebrew first
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have to say the help with parking my car was wonderful. Willie Polk went out of his way to make sure my car was taken care of! He was very help with giving us directions! he really went above and beyond with great customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Darla L
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my family for vacation. Location is great - walking distance to the Alamo, Riverwalk, and the River City mall/Macy's entrance is right across the street. Beware - just like the other hotels downtown, you will pay to park. They offered us $21 self park or $25 valet - just self park and save the $4 (it is not a far walk). I have never been a big fan of hotels making their guests pay for parking. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They also pimp out their lot for $25 public parking. Nobody offered to help with luggage - not a big deal, but there was nobody around if we did need or want help. After getting settled into our first room, we noticed every 30 seconds the toilet was running- clearly something broken. I called down to the front desk who said they would send someone up. No thanks - just give us a new room, it was late and we didn't want to sit around while they worked on the plumbing. The front desk did apologize and give us a new room, but we had to go back downstairs to get the key - really??? You give us a defective room and can't even run a new key up to us? We had already put on our pajamas. The next morning we were in a rush to get to an event and while everyone showered, I noticed we only had 3 bath towels (4 ppl). I had to call down to the front desk 3 times to have another towel sent up - which NEVER arrived. My husband finally went downstairs to get the towel. Nice.

The rooms were ok - nothing horrible, but nothing great. The AC units are pretty weak, but surviveable. I did not like the fact that the bathroom did not have a vent - if someone was using the shower the entire place fogged up. No lock on the bathroom door either. One of our curtains was broken and you couldn't open it. Also - beware if you are staying on the side that faces Denny's- I woke up to a spotlight beaming into the room at 2 am - you have to really make sure the curtains are closed super tight or the entire place is lit up.

The free breakfast buffet was a nice touch, although they did not have a whole lot of variety in terms of healthy fare - only a couple brown bananas in a basket and the water jug was completely dry and was never refilled, even after I pointed it out. We walked across to the Marriott to purchase coffee from their Starbucks. I think we will just pay a little extra next time and stay there.

Room Tip: Watch out for the rooms facing Denny's - VERY bright lights beaming in at night.
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank amy s
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Finally home from my month long vacation with my 80 year old mother. This hotel was one of our many stops. Upon arriving I was greeted by the valet mgr Lupe he was very helpful and so patient with my mother and even took our luggage to our room! He went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. Unfortunately the staff at the front desk wasn't so great as they placed us in a smoking bedroom after I had called to request a non-smoking for my mother. They said nothing could be done and were quite rude about it. Other than that it was a good stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hhilton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Location is fantastic. :) Walking distance from river walk, the Alamo and various hangouts and restaurants. Enjoy jogging in the area. Nearby the convention center. Shopping at the river center mall and the alamodome?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very clean, neat place. Rooms were wonderful - clean and spacious. The King Suite was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, they were quick to respond to any requests. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Crockett Hotel
#23 of 355 in San Antonio
East Side
Red Roof PLUS+ San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205-3352 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr)
Region: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#76 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#88 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Hotel San Antonio