“sons grad from air force”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #131 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
“sons grad from air force”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

First would like to say that the people at the counter on all the shifts was very great and very friendly and making us feel very at home.and they would help with directions and always at like they were family.and the lady in the office she as a sweetheart.It was hard to see by son and the stay there was so close and the people made one worry of my mind by being great to my family,at this time because it was very emotional time. would tell others that the staff there did know how to treat the guest.even down to the younger staff and the older staff was great. the guard the one who is a little heavy set could take a little hint on a little nicer it was my husband and me and our 11 year old daughter and an 71 year old guest in another room at the pool side just sitting and there were no drinking we was only sitting and he said get up you must get out.i know rules and orders need to be flowed but maybe a little different way. and they need to also take some money and do a little more repair on the inside rooms and the restroom and little over all inside.but really want to thank you all for everything so to whom ever reads this I am very real and not no one payed me or put me to write this.thanks again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wibaux, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed at this La Quinta for our son's BMT graduation at lackland the weekend of August 3rd and I just want to say how wonderful it was and what a great experience we had! The staff was awesome and VERY helpful! The rooms were cleaned everyday and the beds were soooo comfortable! Overall a great experience! I recommend this hotel for not only comfort, great price, but location as well. Only a few minutes from the entrance gates into Lackland!

1 Thank Raquel F
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed there because my son was graduating from bmt at lackland airforce base.I had no problems what so ever.. It was cleaned, the staff was friendly and very accommodating. The pool was crystal clean. The cleaning staff were very detailed to everything. They had the guys in those golf cars riding around always asking if we needed anything. Including the soda machine for some reason didnt work that day by my room, he drove my husband to get the sodas on the other side of the building and brought my husband back. If my daughter was to join the airforce, that will be my stay. Breakfast was good, staff always making sure there was enough of everything and always cleaning.

Room Tip: I had a room in front of the stairs, and a candy, soda, and ice machine. I tell you no problems at a...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Friendly staff, great location to lackland afb. Pools were very nice. Would stay again. For the price and location, I would recommend this for anyone attend BMT graduation.:...............:..................................

• Stayed August 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We arrived late in the evening as we had taken the train down. The staff was very accommodating to our late arrival. We had reserved two rooms one for ourselves,(husband and wife) and one for my Mother. We did not end up with rooms close together, we were in different buildings, but that did not bother us. My mother's room was exceptional; clean and well maintained. Our room was good. there was a slightly musty odor but it was a smoking room and that may have contributed to the issue. We had a mini fridge and microwave in the room which was nice. My mother's room did not. The staff were courteous and friendly including the security, maintenance and cleaning staff.
The continental breakfast was standard fare, but good. There are two pools and a very small laundry facility on site. The bar next door, "Afterburner" that everyone notes in their reviews was fine. They have a few pool tables , some dart boards and other games. The people inside kept to themselves but were friendly and definitely left us alone when we went there one evening to play pool. The area is close to the base gates. All-in-all a decent hotel for the money. Beware the city/state taxes that they add on each day! It adds a substantial amount to the hotel bill! For five days it added about $70.00.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta