“Relatively Disappointing”

Ranked #131 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Northbrook, Illinois
“Relatively Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My fiance and I were traveling across Texas in May, 2014. I don't look much in hotels except two major components- cleanliness and location. Upon arriving to the hotel, we were greeted by a nice receptionist. The staff at the hotel was nice and accommodating. The hotel also had a pool which was nice. Overall, our room was small but looked nice and clean. We did have a dead bug in the bathroom which ruined it for me. Also, the restroom was so small, I started to feel claustrophobic. Besides the bug, though, it seemed relatively clean. It was located about 15 minutes from the downtown area which was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here four times and enjoyed the stay each time, bearing in mind you get what you pay for. However, Melissa appeared behind the desk this evening and wanted $40 more for the same room. They lost my reoccurring businesses.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank John K
Nashvillle
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical about booking this hotel; however, I trust TA so booked for son's graduation ceremonies and activities at Lackland AFB. It took me about 5 min each morning to get to reception center and that was perfect also at the end of long days.
The hotel facilities are only average but the staff was incredibly friendly, even offering to walks me to room at night if it made me feel more safe and comfortable. The location is wear drives me to rate it 4 stars.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Good, clean room at a fair price. This place was only minutes from downtown. The location was very convenient to our destination. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. The area was quiet at night with no issues. I would definitely return when ever I'm back in this city.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Boggstown, Indiana
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The rooms and services were adequate. A few times the room did not cleaned because of their policy. The stay was ok. There were two pools. The breakfast in the morning was adequate. The orange juice machine broke down and was not fixed for the last 3 days I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked this hotel for a five day vacation to San Antonio. When we arrived the the room was a bit old the bathroom was dirty with dead bugs on the floor and bath tub, and there was left over dog food on the floor from the previous guest's pet. We were awakened at 3:00 am to guest's that were talking out loud on the second floor after a long day (12 hours) on the road. I would not recommend this room to any family that is attending a graduation from the AFB as mentioned by other reviews. The next morning i checked out and found another room for the rest of our vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul B
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It's a bit difficult to get in and out of, but it is right across the street from Lackland Airforce Base. The room was spacious and relaxing. The staff was friendly and when we ran out of coffee, they were quick to make sure we had more! Just a wonderful experience. Will continue to use La Quinta for my travel needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple