“Won't stay here again.”

Ranked #131 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Angelo, Texas
“Won't stay here again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband, my 2 year old and I stayed here for my birthday after we went to the Sea World. The location is great but that's about it. The breakfast area is too small to accommodate all the guests in the morning. It was way too crowded and we had to wait for a while in line to make some waffles. Then we had to wait for a table to sit at. The room we were staying in was terrible. We were on the second floor and we still saw an ant on the floor. The bathtub bottom has been painted over with white paint, there was dirt behind the dresser (we had to move it to find my 2 year old toys that he threw there). There was hair on my blanket and a stain on my sheet. The hotel room just felt dirty to us. My husband who is normally not very picky was disgusted with the place. Will not stay here again unless they renovate.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place unless you are ok with bugs on the floor and a dirty room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ahunt1976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Hubby & I left another La Quinta property in San Antonio because the room was disgusting and smelled so bad we were gagging. The nice people at La Quinta customer service advised us to come to the Lackland La Quinta. When we arrived we asked to see room before renting. We were given a key and when we opened door to room we realized someone was already renting this room. The persons belongings were all over the room. We returned to front desk and they gave a a key to another room. We went to that room and the smell was sickening. There was some sort of odor eater machine on the dresser but it was not helping. It was a non-smoking room but clearly they just stopped smoking in it a few minutes earlier. This property is basically a crappy Motel 6 with the La Quintan sign up

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sassygirl321

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Northbrook, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My fiance and I were traveling across Texas in May, 2014. I don't look much in hotels except two major components- cleanliness and location. Upon arriving to the hotel, we were greeted by a nice receptionist. The staff at the hotel was nice and accommodating. The hotel also had a pool which was nice. Overall, our room was small but looked nice and clean. We did have a dead bug in the bathroom which ruined it for me. Also, the restroom was so small, I started to feel claustrophobic. Besides the bug, though, it seemed relatively clean. It was located about 15 minutes from the downtown area which was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here four times and enjoyed the stay each time, bearing in mind you get what you pay for. However, Melissa appeared behind the desk this evening and wanted $40 more for the same room. They lost my reoccurring businesses.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank John K
Nashvillle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical about booking this hotel; however, I trust TA so booked for son's graduation ceremonies and activities at Lackland AFB. It took me about 5 min each morning to get to reception center and that was perfect also at the end of long days.
The hotel facilities are only average but the staff was incredibly friendly, even offering to walks me to room at night if it made me feel more safe and comfortable. The location is wear drives me to rate it 4 stars.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Good, clean room at a fair price. This place was only minutes from downtown. The location was very convenient to our destination. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. The area was quiet at night with no issues. I would definitely return when ever I'm back in this city.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Boggstown, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The rooms and services were adequate. A few times the room did not cleaned because of their policy. The stay was ok. There were two pools. The breakfast in the morning was adequate. The orange juice machine broke down and was not fixed for the last 3 days I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business