“Not too bad for one night stay - clean, modern, good location”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #133 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Not too bad for one night stay - clean, modern, good location”
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We needed something close to Lackland since my bro-in-law is TDY there and we were visiting him, plus running errands around san antonio. This wasnt a "vacation" for us, so we didnt want to spend too much for a one-night stay in san antonio.

The location is great - literally down the street from the base. I knew the quality wasnt going to be "Hilton-esk" but that's okay it was just one night. The room was in a diffrent building as the front desk, which was inconvenient especially late at night, but that's okay.

The room (surprisingly) was very clean and modern - newly renovated for sure. But the bathroom was so small - could barely close the bathroom door. Small stand-up shower also. Ceiling in first floor is kinda low. King bed was very comfortable - sheets seemed fairly new. Room had a desk & chair so that's a plus. it was just for one night so we were good to go.

With our govt rate it was $80/night. If you can get it cheaper then even better! If you can by-pass this place & stay in Lackland lodging which is similar quality & nice & clean for only $35/night, then better still!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 1 February 2010

If you are there for graduation, they know the ropes. Convenient, if crowded breakfast area where you meets LOTS of other grads loved ones. Book early for best rates. Outside doors...first floor very convenient (park outside room). Base gate is 2 blocks away (wkends most gates closed). Clean, basic rooms. Clean, if somewhat small and rough towels. Restaurants are close on 410 loop. Target, Walmart close at exit 9 (hotel at exit 6). Easy to figure route from/to airport. While a basic hotel, it gives you the easiest access to your AIRMAN! That's why we were there.

• Stayed January 2010
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This wasn't in my ideal area but it was close to the base, & I wanted to be as close as possible, since I was there for an AF graduation. It was okay; the room needed to be updated, another 70s-type room that could use some renovation. Other than that, smelled okay and not dirty or anything. If it wouldn't have been for disrespectful neighbors that partied all hours of the night, it wouldn't have been half bad.

Stayed April 2009
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 5 December 2009

After staying at LaQuinta in Midland, TX I sure expected much more from this one but was a bit dissapointed when they had no computer with internet in the lobby. The fact that my friend and I got a room in the back section of the hotel complex (when the peple who were behind us in line got the room in the same building where the lobby was) didn't make me happier either. If anything was to happen to us no one would ever be able to help because the rooms were facing the woods or something else (it was too dark there to see what was out there) without any sight of people nearby... The room itself was ok. I did like the breakfast. They had a lot to offer: coffee/tea, cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. It was an ok hotel considering that I used my points for it and didn't have to pay for it but I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Tupelo, MS
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here in March for our son's graduation from Air Force BMT. Our room was comfortable and quiet. It is very close to Lackland and very convenient to go back and forth, although it isn't too far from downtown. We had one issue with our bathroom light, which the staff corrected very quickly and efficiently. They even volunteered to let me print our boarding passes for our return flight home. The Continental breakfast was very good, with much more variety than expected. For us, it's the perfect location if you're in San Antonio for BMT graduation; and I expect we'll stay here again when our second son graduates in July.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AFParents
Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Stayed at hotel due to Basic Training Graduation at Lackland Air Force Base. Hotel is about the closest to base when comparing the hotels in the area. Base was in walking distance but is so large it was a great decision to rent a car. Rooms were clean and perfect for what we needed since we were busy with graduation and seeing the sites of San Antonio. Breakfast was nice with pancakes, fruit, cereal, juice, toast, boiled eggs and bagels to choose from. It was an excellent experinence for us and just what we needed since we were in and out of the room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank 88girl
here
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Upon arrival we were first given a room already occupied by someone else. Then they tried to give us a smoking room after we had booked 2 months earlier for a non-smoking room. We finally had to settle for a room with 2 double beds instead of the king size that we had reserved. When we finally got into our room there was a wet wash cloth still hanging over the shower from the prior tenants. The counter around the sink and the toilet were not clean. Our bed had hair in it . If there would have been another hotel to go to we would have. The alarm clock did not work properly and the beds were very lumpy. Even if they would have been comfortable we could not have slept because of all of the noise from the people outside the room. Our last day there they did not leave enough towels when I went to the front desk to ask for some the girl at the desk said she would bring some herself. We never seen her or the towels. We had seen a spider and a small roach during the first 2 days that we were there but our final night we were awaken at midnight by a cockroach in the bed with us. Needless to say we didn't sleep much after that. We actually considered spending the rest of the night in our truck. We had a very good time with our son at his BMT graduation. This hotel is very close to the AFB. But knowing what I know now I would have stayed at a hotel on the 410 Loop. There are alot of newer hotels and it is not very far at all. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple