“Okay, probably wouldn't stay again”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #135 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I went to a USAF graduation and stayed 3 nights.

Service was great, cleaning crew was excellent, but room was a little dingy. I always carry Lysol with me and I felt like I had to use it on the bathroom fixtures. Also, my feet felt sticky on the floor and I had to walk around in socks and flip flops.

If you need to stay close to Laklin AFB, it is literally within walking distance. We were please with the location and couldn't have stayed closer.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland

Reviewed 19 August 2010

When my family and I came into our room, we found some food left over from the previous occupants. Then the next morning, we found few bugs in the room. The hotel is ideal location, but I advise to go to another hotel chain that does not have bugs in it. Should have spent couple more bucks on a nicer room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The restroom was dirty, the rooms are very small and the beds are less than comfortable. Unless you weigh less than 100 pounds, then you should not put more than one person in their so-called double beds. We stayed two nights and had the worse back aches ever. For the price, I will go further down the road and get a much nicer, cleaner hotel...just may have to drive a few miles further to sea world. And...the lady that puts out the breakfast food....if she every smiled I think her face would break. Their front desk staff is NOT friendly at all. TERRIBLE PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel when I attended my boyfriends graduation from Lackland. The other reviews are right...this is the closest hotel to the base. It took less than a minute to get there by car. This hotel had both good and bad things about it. The location for me was great, and you were also about 15 minutes away from downtown San Antonio which wasn't too bad. The price was the best I could find ($62.00 a night). The staff was friendly and helpful and the free continental breakfast was good too (waffles, bagels, juice, tea, coffee, fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, etc). The rooms were average, typical for a hotel in my opinion. The only real downfall is the cleanliness of the rooms. The room wasn't bad, but the bathroom was a little dingy and the housekeeping service was pretty poor. I stayed for 6 days and my bed was only made one time and I rarely got new towels. It seemed like the only thing they did in the room was empty the trash. Plus I found a couple ants in my room and so did my friends in theirs. I guess to sum it up, if you can go with the flow and don't have to have the perfect hotel room then this place will suit you just fine. However if you have to have the best of the best, then you will be disappointed. I am planning to go back and see my boyfriend in September and I will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We needed something close to Lackland since my bro-in-law is TDY there and we were visiting him, plus running errands around san antonio. This wasnt a "vacation" for us, so we didnt want to spend too much for a one-night stay in san antonio.

The location is great - literally down the street from the base. I knew the quality wasnt going to be "Hilton-esk" but that's okay it was just one night. The room was in a diffrent building as the front desk, which was inconvenient especially late at night, but that's okay.

The room (surprisingly) was very clean and modern - newly renovated for sure. But the bathroom was so small - could barely close the bathroom door. Small stand-up shower also. Ceiling in first floor is kinda low. King bed was very comfortable - sheets seemed fairly new. Room had a desk & chair so that's a plus. it was just for one night so we were good to go.

With our govt rate it was $80/night. If you can get it cheaper then even better! If you can by-pass this place & stay in Lackland lodging which is similar quality & nice & clean for only $35/night, then better still!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

If you are there for graduation, they know the ropes. Convenient, if crowded breakfast area where you meets LOTS of other grads loved ones. Book early for best rates. Outside doors...first floor very convenient (park outside room). Base gate is 2 blocks away (wkends most gates closed). Clean, basic rooms. Clean, if somewhat small and rough towels. Restaurants are close on 410 loop. Target, Walmart close at exit 9 (hotel at exit 6). Easy to figure route from/to airport. While a basic hotel, it gives you the easiest access to your AIRMAN! That's why we were there.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This wasn't in my ideal area but it was close to the base, & I wanted to be as close as possible, since I was there for an AF graduation. It was okay; the room needed to be updated, another 70s-type room that could use some renovation. Other than that, smelled okay and not dirty or anything. If it wouldn't have been for disrespectful neighbors that partied all hours of the night, it wouldn't have been half bad.

Stayed: April 2009