“Stay here if you have to”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio South Park
Ranked #220 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Bloomfield Hills
“Stay here if you have to”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Below average La Quinta. We stay here because they take dogs and because it's closest to Laredo. Bathtub didn't appear to be clean. One of two beds sagged badly.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Daingerfield, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Not Only do I Feel Like I over payed but I was very disappointed at this La Quinta hotel , it was dirty , the non smoking room smelled disgusting including the sheets . I was suppose to stay there with my family 3 nights and i only ended up staying 1 night and thats just because we were tired from the long drive . This hotel gives La Quinta a bad name,THIS IS MORE OF A TRUCK STOP HOTEL SINCE there trucks cover most of the parking and there out of there rooms drinking beer and being loud, this is not a family hotel.....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Greenwood, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We stay at LQ's all the time. We are Elite members. We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was good until the 3rd night when we started seeing roaches. We got up at 0430 and noticed a roach running around on the bathroom floor. We killed it, only to find another one on the bathroom mirror. Needless to say, we became paranoid. Each night after that, we killed 2-4 roaches. We were so afraid they would get into our luggage. We vacated after 7 days and checked in at an extended stay hotel. We emailed the hotel about the bug problem since they advertise 100% satisfaction guaranteed and just got an apology. We would have complained upon check-out but there were others waiting to check in that would have overheard us. I don't recommend this hotel, although we are LQ frequent flyers.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I chose this hotel for a quick overnight jaunt for a job interview in San Antonio. The location was perfect for my needs - right off Military Dr with shopping and dining very close.

The front desk agent greeted me with a smile and had my reservation ready to go. She had her A-game on: friendly and helpful with quick answers to all my questions. When I arrived in the room, the A/C was on and the room smelled super fresh and clean. The bathroom was spotless and stocked with plenty of towels, soap, etc.

With this being the second La Quinta ever built, there are some spots, such as door jams, which show age. However the rooms have been nicely renovated, with new lighting, furniture, bed linens, and appliances. My ground floor room faced the highway and was surprisingly quiet. Perhaps I'm not as sensitive to noise as some of the other travelers here at TripAdvisor. I never heard any neighbors or loud traffic.

The bed was quite comfortable with three pillows on each Double bed and clean, soft linens. One of the best beds I've ever slept on in a budget motel.

My one complaint would be the breakfast selection. It was limited, and nothing was individually wrapped; therefore, I could not bring anything with me "on the go." There was no fresh fruit either...

Checkout was speedy: my receipt was already printed and ready to go. The morning clerk was just as friendly as the night clerk. Overall, a very pleasurable experience, and i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
san antinoio
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The nights at the hotel were restless. The rooms to the right side to the freeway were loud due to the noise of the freeway. People would scream in the middle of the night around the rooms. Since i arrvied to the point I left, I was greeted by rude attendants who gave me an attitude. By the second day, the attendants did not clean my room. They did not even sweep it. The last days, they did not place any cups, coffee, or soaps. We had to go to the lobby and ask the clerk for cups and she rudly pointed and with an attitude said, "There are right there get them yourself." We even recommended our neighboors to the same hotel however. they look white and were treated better.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Overall this is a wonderful and comfortable motel. I would probably even stay there again if I was in the area. Except I had one problem that ruined the whole stay: The was no hot water in the morning. Which means that my guest and I were forced to take cold showers. Not the most pleasant thing. And when I told the front desk at checkout all they said was: "Yeah, a lot of people complained about that this morning."

One can assume this isn't a recurring problem, so odds are if you stay there you will have hot water, and when you do, you will enjoy your stay. But we didn't, because we didn't have hot water.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Making the reservation: I was told $79 A night for the family room. I booked it, and called back to add a night and was told that particular night would be $129. Ok, so no problem. When I call back to confirm the reservation I am told it was canceled. The property itself had the reservation but the 800 number didn't. It all turned out ok. (see below about the departure)

Arrival and Room : It was a mixture of OLD and NEW. Old hotel with new upgrades. The floors were all upgraded and so were the bed spreads. The bathroom showed some wear but the bathtub was another story. The tub had a bunch of old hair in the drain, we called and had them come to remove it. The staff was nice and no questions were asked, they just came and took care of it. I felt bad for the guy he was grossed out too. The keys are very old fashion We had an ant problem, so don't leave the sweet bread out. In all honesty if you don't plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel, it meets all the basic needs. The coffee wasn't that great, the orange juice was just plain nasty. The food was decent.

Departure: We checked out and went on our way, until we looked at the receipt. We got charged a different total every night all higher then the original $79 quoted. I was shocked, I never in all my travels never had that happen. In the end, it was fixed and the manager was very nice about it.

I think next time I'll book a hotel that offers the same price every night. I can understand a hotel changing their rates on the weekends or even Friday but when it's 79, 85, 80, 95 and even 105 through out the week, I have to draw the line some where. I have a budget to stick to.... =)

• Liked — They offered a family room.
  • Disliked — Dated hotel with some upgrades.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)