“San Antonio area”

Ranked #190 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Harlingen, Texas
“San Antonio area”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Previously stayed at LaQuinta Riverwalk and it was wonderful. This time had to rush to the San Antonio area for a family medical emergency and chose this LaQuinta as it was close to the medical facility. I was disappointed and only stayed one night. No refrigerator or microwave. Could do with some upgrades but I have seen worse, for sure. Not as clean as I would have preferred, particularly in the bathroom - hair around the bathtub, etc. Many hotels in the area so moved on to another one. Often ask to see room first but didn't think it was necessary with LaQuinta. Now I know better.

Room Tip: If in doubt about accommodation, ask to see room first.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 February 2013

LaQuintas are always my first choice if there is one. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. There is a large area in which to walk your pet and a running track. There is grass, take your potty bags with you...please! I hate when people do not pick up after thier pets.

We had our two dogs and stayed two nights. We could hear the train, but that isn't the fault of the hotel. It is quieter on the side of the Mexican Rest where we were.

The room was clean and spacious with a King size bed. Lots of room for the dog crates and thier playpen. The breakfast at LaQuinta never lets me down, good choices.

Yes I would stay here again, I do love pet friendly hotels!

Room Tip: Room on the resturant side, quieter as there is a train that goes through several times a day.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed here while waiting for a doctors appointment. It was ok, the rooms weren't the cleanest i've ever seen but i knew that going in. I asked the staff to come and look at my shower for quite some time, and they never did. I complained on a site, other than trip advisor, and the manager got a hold of me and comp'd me 2 nights. That was great!
Nice mexican restaurant in front of the hotel, very good food!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very friendly and professional. Breakfast was the standard fare -- waffles, toast, muffins, cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, oatmeal, bananas/oranges and coffee.cocoa/juice. The trains came through at night and were a little noisy, but ask for a room on the side facing the Mexican restaurant and it shouldn't be too bad. The train horns are not somethig the hotel can be faulted for though-they can't control that. The room was very clean and comfortable, so I was pleased. VERY easy to get to Ft. Sam from here, and easy access to I-35. There is a Starbucks up the road (2 blocks) and a Cracker Barrel a block before you get to the hotel on Rittiman, plus lots of other eateries in area. Will definitely stay here again if we are back in town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I just want to say everyone in the front office (Saul, Deya, Gabriel, & Larry) are so friendly and helpful. The check-in & check-out was so easy. They answered all my questions I had. I would definitely recommend and would come back here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 21 December 2012

True, this location is right by the Interstate, so a bit noisy; however, one whole side of the hotel, the rooms face a very large field with a jogging/walking track around the outer edge. This is perfect for walking dogs. A large part of it is lit up at night, also.
The room itself is large enough, separate sink area from the bathroom. Has a larger than the typical hotel room table. All the lamps worked (yay) and gave off plenty of light. Coffee maker, iron and ironing board, flat screen t.v.
Can hear the kiddos in the room adjoining, but I'm sure my pupdogs will also be heard, sooner or later.
I would consider staying here in the future if I am in need of dog-friendly accommodations

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo