La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd
Ranked #186 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Waco tx
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Always stay at La Quinta. This was not a planned visit. Had been driving for 12 plus hrs. Needed showers and sleep. Very disappointed in the condition of room. Poor attempts to fix and update. Really bad smell in room, bathroom did not look clean. I expect more. The next morning there was a huge spider on the wall. When I told the front desk they where like, "yeah they come in from the field " that was it. Will not stay here again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
livingston, tx
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was adequate. The bed was comfy, and clean and the room had a large screen TV. The carpet had a slick feel to it and although it was vacuumed, it was dirty. I walked on it after my bath and the bottoms of my feet started turning black, so I had to wash them and just wore flipflops the whole time. Had to ask for more towels both nights for two 6 y/o's and two adults and we did not swim, just needed towels enough for each person to have their own towel and washcloth. No refrigerator or microwave in the room, which is not a big deal, but would be helpful to note for families with children. Breakfast was adequate, but skimpy. A/C good and cold. All in all, it was OK, but for the price we paid, $87 a night, we could have gotten something a bit nicer. If the price were lower, and I just needed a room for the night, I would stay again, as the rest of the room was clean. We have always relied on La Quinta, but this one was by far not the best one. There is a Super HEB and a Super Walmart very close by and the staff had excellent directions to both stores printed up and available in the lobby. Staff was courteous. Close to Ft. Sam Houston Military Base so that made it convenient for us.

Room Tip: No microwave or refrigerator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2013

A nice clean remodeled hotel. Very Comfortable! Good location when attending the AT&T Center. Nice breakfast Front Desk people very are very nice. Nice interior design. Beds are very comfortable. Nice sheets and comforter. Good Pillows also.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kentucky
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We paid 165 bucks to stay here and it just was not worth it. It was a nice property but our room was right next to the pool so it made the carpets inside our room damp and yucky feeling. I had to wear my flip flops the entire time. Then, we couldn't even eat any of the breakfast because it was so crowded so we just said forget it. The front desk staff at check in and check out were both very nice. It just wasn't worth the price--but this was one of the cheapest hotels we found in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Unfamiliar with SA I chose this LQ for the location and that was the highlight. I was able to get around the city with relative ease which was a bonus because I didn't want to stay around the hotel any longer than required. The dog bowl on the bathroom floor spilled so when I went to wipe it up, what a surprise to see a darkened tissue with much long hair attached. The carpet was stained so was happy to have brought along flipflops. Notifying the front desk that I was unable to log on the web, I was told that the only person able to reset it wouldn't be in until 8:15 am. I am a loyal LQ guest but not at this location again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business