La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd
Ranked #182 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
New York City, New York
“Best hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

They should change their name to THE BEST QUINTA INN!!! The room especially that bed, the staff were friendly and helpful, the buffet breakfast was outstanding. I highly recommend this experience the other hotels should take a page.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My stay was pleasant. it was close to the AT&T Center, clean and the A/C did it's job to keep the room cool despite the blistering heat outside. I'd never stayed at a La Quinta before but I was satisfied and I'll definitely stay at this location in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Location was good lots of resturants nearby,10 min from downtown. Room was clean needs a little update but was comfortable. Customer service was great friendly employess. I like that hotel had variety on breakfast . Would definetly stay here again.

Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I just took a big road trip from North Carolina to Texas due to relocation. Our last two nights in a hotel were spent in a surprisingly yucky La Quinta property on Rittiman Road in San Antonio. San Antonio actually has several La Quinta properties. I chose the one on Rittman Road because it was near where our property manager's office is. It also appeared to be closest to our new house. Reviews on Trip Advisor were mixed, so we took a chance. The price was definitely right at about $60 a night and no pet fees.

I'm of a mixed mind about this property...

This La Quinta is an older property right by Interstate 35. It's not in the best part of town. Next door on one side is a huge mega church/Christian school. On the other side, there's a Mexican restaurant that serves very good food and another hotel. We were given a room on the side near the church, because there's a grassy area for the dogs to relieve themselves. The doors on the motel rooms open to the outside; it's like an old fashioned motel.

We stayed two nights at this location. Honestly, it kind of depressed me to stay at this La Quinta, even though technically it was somewhat decent and had everything we needed. The room really needs to be refurbished. Of course, even if they refurbished this property, it would still be surrounded by low end properties on a busy road by an interstate.

Our room

We were assigned room 127. As soon as we opened the door, I could see this motel was not nearly as pleasant as the La Quinta in Beaumont. But it did have a nice king sized bed, good linens, a large, flat-screen TV with premium channels, free Internet and a big bathroom. There was no fridge or microwave.

The room was fairly small, with a nice sized desk and cheap looking chair. There was a small closet. The back wall was covered in orange wallpaper that was peeling off the walls. My dog Arran found a spot on the rug that had apparently had something spilled on it that was never properly cleaned up. He started licking it and would not stop until we put something over the spot. The wallpaper matched the drapes, which were very thick and completely blacked out of the window when they were closed.

The bed was very comfortable, though it had cheap pillows.

The bathroom

Our bathroom was surprisingly large with plenty of counter space. The toiletries were basic, but adequate with conditioning shampoo and bar soap. The shower got great water pressure and had plenty of hot water. I have to admit, I probably enjoyed my showers the most at this motel, despite its rather ghetto appearance.

Maid service

Since we stayed two nights, I had occasion to observe the maid service. We were gone all morning and into the afternoon. When we returned at about 3:00, our room had still not been made up. The maid was about two rooms away from us. Since I had the dogs with me and it was over 100 degrees outside, I just asked her to take our trash and give us some fresh towels. She happily obliged.

Breakfast

The breakfast at this property was not as good as the one in Beaumont. However, their Texas waffle iron was working perfectly, so my husband was able to make me one. Served with nasty butter spread, though, it wasn't something I wanted to finish. He also brought me chilled boiled eggs in a styrofoam cup and orange juice that tasted like it was full of sugar water. I have to say, breakfast was a bit disappointing, though my Facebook friends did get a kick out of the photo of the Texas shaped waffle I posted.

Other amenities

This property has an outdoor pool that I didn't use. It also has laundry facilities that are located outside. We did use those to wash some clothes. It was $1.50 to wash, $1.75 to dry. Bring quarters. Parking is free and plentiful.

Overall

41 year old me didn't like this La Quinta, but 21 year old me would have been totally fine with it. It's not that uncomfortable in the ways that count. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent. It's totally pet friendly and there are no ridiculous pet fees or deposits to pay. The Mexican restaurant next door serves outstanding food. This property is also quite cheap.

But if you're used to nicer accommodations, this La Quinta probably won't cut it. We've been having a rough time with this move and I have to say, that motel room did not help matters. I had a good crying jag the morning we checked out.

I could recommend this motel to people who need a cheap, pet friendly place to stay. For most everyone else, I think I'd advise them to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank knotheadusc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Three bath towels in room, but only one washcloth. Breakfast ends at 9am during week; would be better to extend to 9:30 or 10, because it got much too crowded at 8:50. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

Rio Grande Valley, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Excellent accommodations ; especially on a holiday. We were allowed to check in a a couple hours before standard check in. From desk personnel was very professional and helpful with assistance in relation to local entertainment.

• Stayed July 2013