“VFW Ladies Auxiliary”

Ranked #178 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“VFW Ladies Auxiliary”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Very pleased with location of La Quinta. Easy access to dinning establishments. Service from the staff was warm and friendly. Would like to have mini refrigerator in the room for medications that need to be kept cool. Overall experience at this location pleasurable, will most likely stay at this La Quinta again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Dalton_LAVFW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cypress, Texas, USA
Reviewed 23 October 2013

the area was a little shady which is not good for a woman traveling alone. the room was clean but it had a musty smell (i guess from just being old). the drains in both the sink and bath were very slow.

HOWEVER, the front desk person that checked me in was very friendly and even moved me from the room i was reserved to use and put me closer to the front office. also, after i checked in he called the room to make sure i was ok. that was a nice touch, again i was alone so it meant a lot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bekah W
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have come to expect a certain quality when staying at a La Quinta, but we found this one lacking. The room smelled musty, like mold even though I couldn't find any. The laundry was outside in a rather dirty area. The pool wasn't clean. But the staff was friendly and the room was basically clean. It met our needs for our stay, just don't expect it to be like downtown.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here to attend graduation ceremony at fort sam Houston. Hotel is very close by and each took access. Room was clean. Beds comfortable and staff friendly. I would definitely stay again. Easy access to hotel and downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It is near the I-35 N which is convenient for us. We stayed for one night. The room is clean and comfortable. We are satisfied with the service. And the price is reasonable. The only thing I would complain is the noise from AC. Otherwise it is a nice experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

They should change their name to THE BEST QUINTA INN!!! The room especially that bed, the staff were friendly and helpful, the buffet breakfast was outstanding. I highly recommend this experience the other hotels should take a page.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My stay was pleasant. it was close to the AT&T Center, clean and the A/C did it's job to keep the room cool despite the blistering heat outside. I'd never stayed at a La Quinta before but I was satisfied and I'll definitely stay at this location in the future.