“Room was not up to par for what we paid.”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd
Ranked #191 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
San Angelo, TX
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were given a handicap room even though we weren't handicapped.

Our phone didn't work! Thank God we didn't need a wake up call and we had cell phones in case of an emergency.

The door was extremely hard to open and shut; we had to put our whole body weight into it.

It smelled like wet dog as soon as we walked in.

The bed sheets were tattered; like an animal had clawed through them. My fingers and toes got caught in the holes several times while I was sleeping. Those sheets need to be replaced.

I base my opinion of a hotel's cleanliness by how the bathroom looks and this might as well have been a motel with a tube tv. The tub looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in a long time; I could see the ring of dirt very distinctly. The sink was cracked in several places. There was a big chip in the bottom of the door; like an animal had chewed through it. The toilet paper was so flimsy that I couldn't even tear a whole sheet off without it shredding. And we couldn't get cold water; it was either hot or warm.

I was very displeased with my stay here. I love LaQuinta hotels but this experience makes me not want to use this chain again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Carpet was very dirty, both beds were extremely lumpy Don't force a long review on a bad situation please. Next time I won't respond to your request or at least give a character count for my convenience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If your just looking to check the block to stay some place over night or for a few days this place its not too bad. It has a pool, friendly staff and very close to a mexican restaurant that makes great food at great a low cost. Happy hour is key since all you need to do is walk accross the parking lot to your room. The only item lacking in the hotel is a gym. Other than that its not to shabby. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Facilities needs remodeling. Parking hard to find near your room. Overpriced. This location is just old and needs to be updated. Facilities needs remodeling. Parking hard to find near your room. Overpriced. This location is just old and needs to be updated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly so that was a plus.. But my room smelled like smoke and I did not like that. I reported to the front desk and they sent housekeeping to spray it but the spray smell was worst then the smell of smoke. The room smelled really bad like someone was smoking there for days. Overall my experience was okay and if you minus the smell of smoke in the room it was a good/average hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nohely G
A La Quinta traveler
Donna, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

They have great service, the breakfast needs to improve a little bit but it is good enough, the location is great, the hotel employees are willing at all times to help and to provide an extraordinary service

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family