There were a few things that brought my opinion of the Marriott Riverwalk from Very Good to Average. Namely, the fact that I had to pay $13 a day for internet (really?) and the décor of the rooms. While the internet may be a small charge, one wonders how much do you have to pay a night to get free internet? When paying over $250 a night I expect this to be free.
Ding #2: No refrigerator or microwave. When it is over 100 degrees outside and there are all those wonderful restaurants just steps away, it would be nice to have cold water waiting for you and the ability to take your yummy food back from the restaurant.
Ding #3: The décor. Its tired. Low, popcorn ceiling. Scratched, stained, and worn furniture and the bathroom has a very shallow tub, no fan, and no hand towel holder. Little things I know, but again, given what you are paying and the fact that this is a Marriott....
That being said, some positives:
1) The gym! It is the best, biggest gym I have ever seen in a hotel. 5 treadmills, 4 bikes, free weights, leg machines, and a cable weight system. Also, a heated pool that is half inside, half outside, ping pong tables, billiards and a nice outdoor lounge area.
2) the bar, lots of great drinks.
3) Finally, the location. Just steps away from the Riverwalk.
Ultimately, would I choose the Marriott Riverwalk again? No.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk Texas