San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$120
US$64
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
US$318
US$279
US$1,855
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$174
Omni Hotels
US$279
US$256
US$191
TripAdvisor
1,356 results
All reviewsconvention centergreat locationthe concierge loungethe river walkbalcony roomrivercenter mallhigh floorvalet parkingdirect accessattending a conferenceself parkan upgradestreet noisebusiness triphotel restaurantper dayriverwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk. There are some areas that need improvement. The staff was courteous and professional; however, the property itself needs improvement. We waited over 15 minutes for an elevator at two different times during our stay. I feel this is excessive. Also, there was not a convenient method to checkout. Our bill on the last day indicated we could checkout via the TV. This is typical for most hotels. Unfortunately, there was not an option on the TV menu to checkout. The other method indicated on the bill was to leave a voicemail at a specific extension. I did not feel this was a good methods, although it was the only other method without having to stand in a long line at the desk.

I was to receive an email with my final bill; however, that has not happened yet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KeithES
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear KeithES,
Thank you for providing us your feedback of your recent stay. I appreciate you letting me know you were pleased with the service you received from the staff. The hotel will begin a rooms renovation in the Fall of 2014 of all the guest rooms. The renovation will give all the rooms a more modern look and feel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced checking out. Hopefully you have received you final bill; if not, please contact the hotel and we will be happy to make sure you receive one.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Walking in the lobby was upscale and very nice. The rooms were typical Marriott style and somewhat roomy. The airconditioner works well and you don't have to worry about the hot room at night. The beds are ok and tv is a decent one. The Hotel is also basically attached to a Mall and Macy's. Check in was quick and painless. The employees were friendly and welcoming.
Well located downtown close to everything. The Alamo is just down the street and many things are nearby including good places to eat. I enjoyed my stay and would recommendc it to anypne wanting to be close to the action in downtown San Antonio.

If you find this helpful please mark it so.
Berny

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine. Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank BaronFoer
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The location was great. Had great view of the Riverwalk and the cathedral. The staff was very accommodating. They upgraded my rooms. This was a problem because it meant that I would not have adjoining rooms. They were very apologetic but I had to go in the hall to go between rooms. they indicated the next day that they had connecting rooms, however there was a view of a wall and the small pool.

Even with not getting the room I wanted, I have to compliment the staff, especially the managers. They were very personable and competent in doing their jobs. This is goes extra for the night manager working on August 1, 2014 and day manager on August 6, 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rey J
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs to be cleaned and updated!! The furniture in the rooms is stained. There was an odd "pipe" in the shower - just there - who knows what it is. Why is it not capped off above the ceiling tiles? Makes one wonder??
Not what I was expecting.

• Stayed: June 2014
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Coni S,
Thank you for staying with us; we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. You are correct in your assessment that the hotel needs updating. That’s why we will soon begin a renovation of all the guest rooms. We are quite excited about the new and beautiful rooms our guests will experience. The renovation will address the concerns you expressed. Please come again after the renovation and let me know what you think.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk August 10th. Staff very pleasant. Room not so much. Very dated and tired looking. Room very small--could only accommodate two full-sized beds. Haven't slept on a full-sized bed in years and now I remember why. Coffee maker hidden and did not discover until getting ready to leave. No hair dryer and charge doe Wi-Fi. Are you kidding me?Good news...bell boy said they are getting ready to remodel and not a moment too soon!

Room Tip: Ask for riverwalk side!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy H
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Peggy H,
We are extremely excited about our upcoming rooms renovation slated to begin in the Fall of 2014 which will address some of your concerns. Each room is equipped with a hair dryer and coffee maker and I apologize we didn’t make it easier for you to locate. We appreciate your comments especially about our very pleasant staff.