San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$136
US$171
US$165
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$174
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$256
US$361
US$314
1,676 results
All reviewsconvention centerthe concierge loungethe river walkconference hotellarge hotelcorner roomlobby barper dayattending a conferencehigh floorself parkingfront desk staffeasy accessbusiness tripriverwalk areaalamovalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2009

My favorite hotel is next door at the RIverwalk Marriott, but when the rates are too high or when they are full, I stay here. This is new and big and right in the middle of everything. No need for a car.

The pool is indoor outdoor and swim under the wall. Its heated in the winter !!

Problems? No balcony, smaller rooms.

See the Riverwalk for more. Both are the best there is around the riverwalk.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We received excellent service from the moment we walked in. The registration staff was prompt and professional - especially if you are a Marriott Rewards member. The room was very comfortable, the room service impeccable, the location perfect. The kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool, and the workout room was dynamite. The rooms weren't anything extravagant - but they were neatly appointed, well kept and very clean. The beds were most comfortable. I was a bit disappointed in the wireless noon-to-noon charge, but that's to be expected at nicer conference hotels. I would definitely stay here again and again upon future trips to San Antonio. You certainly can't beat the view or location - it was a short, easy drive from the airport, and within 20 minutes to Sea World, etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Overall I'm very unimpressed with this hotel. First and foremost, every hotel should offer free wireless internet. This hotel is a business/conference hotel and I'm forced to pay $14 a day for internet service, and it's not even wireless!! Sounds like a scam to me. If my agency didn't book me here, I would have never made this reservation based on principle alone.

The rooms are very small. I have no view, literally, which I understand can't always be helped. The bed is super comfy, however. The TV is off to the side of the bed, which is rather strange to me. My room was clean and the staff is very polite and helpful. There is no mini fridge, although a post below me said that we can request them (I have yet to do this).

I'm seriously considering canceling my reservation for the remainder of the week and booking myself at the La Quinta across the street where they have FREE internet and free breakfast as well.

Overall this hotel is not worth the money. The location is prime because it is right on the Riverwalk and connected to the Rivercenter Mall and there's a Starbucks in the lobby, however, I would walk the extra block to have better accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter for 5 days - I was at a conference and she was vacationing!

The rooms are the typical basic, comfortable hotel room. The room rate was $280 plus the $14 per day for internet/phone access. The fitness center has acceptable equipment. The pool / hot tub were always filled to capacity.

The hotel is close to The Alamo, the Riverwalk, and a mall. The Alamo is a must see and a stroll on the Riverwalk is always nice.

We learned quickly that the locals never eat at the restaurants on the Riverwalk as the food is mediocre. If you want good Tex/Mex food, then take the walk or ride the trolley to Market Square which is west on Commerce Street about one mile. Mi Tierra restaurant has the best Mexican food and I've eaten at many great Mexican restaurants over the years.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2009

We stayed here in 2007 with a great view of San Antonio skyline. In March of 2009, we came back and stayed in another room with another great view of the city.

The staff was very friendly and were attentive to our needs. The only complaint was the room did not have hot water. One call and they sent an engineer to come fix the problem. They were very fast. The valet service was a little blunt though. Not rude, but kind of like "If we're not parking your car, can you hurry and move it?".

The room was also clean and organized. Plenty of towels and a nice LCD television. Be warned: the bed is almost too comfortable and you will not want to wake up the next day.

Great location, friendly staff and clean rooms! What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple