The O'Brien is a small boutique style hotel. My husband and I stayed here while in San Antonio for the annual Christmas Riverboat Parade. It is in downtown, but a bit secluded, still near all the main downtown attractions. Nothing fancy about the hotel, but it's a nice place with it's own unique charms (old style bathtub, windows that raise with no screens). Staff was really nice and helpful, free continental breakfast included pastries, waffles, fruit, muffins, coffee, juice... nothing spectacular, but a bit above average. Only downside was they have few places to park, and parking is $10. Other than that we already have another stay booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The O'Brien Historic Hotel Downtown Riverwalk offers quiet luxury in the heart of Downtown San Antonio. We are centrally located one block from the famous Riverwalk (which offers an array of restaurants, shops and nightlife), four blocks from the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, three blocks from the Alamo Plaza. You can take a breath-taking walk on the Riverwalk and enjoy the history and magic that San Antonio has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection San Antonio
- San Antonio Clarion Collection
- Clarion San Antonio
- O'Brien Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel San Antonio, Texas