Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspeacocks roamingfire pitbeautiful peacocksconcierge roomthe river walkhemisfair parkhemisphere parkconvention centershort walkpool areaself parkingfour seasonsthe king william districttwo blockscity viewriverwalk areafavorite hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I'm giving a 3 star giving the ok location of this hotel to the riverwalk vicinity which is about 10 minutes walk away. The hotel seems quite noisy with all the conventions and meetings going on even on weekends. The hotel looks rundown, but I do notice recent remodel that took place, fresh new paint and tiles were present in my room. The bathroom looks clean and the bed pretty comfy to sleep in.

The parking is super expensive, if you are on a tight budge , you can park free at a nearby street location about 1 block away, just drive around and you will see. Yes $24 a night for self-parking seems rip-off consider this is off the downtown location, not exactly close to riverwalk. Nearby private parking was only charging $5 for overnight parkings. This hotel seems want to overcharge you for anything and everything when they get you here perhaps on a low room rate, and get you when you are here. I would not return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending meetings for work. It was ok, the rooms wern't excactly clean and the second night they were doing some work in one of the rooms near me for like 3 hours and that got annoying with all of the banking and tool noise. I didn't like the fact that there was not breakfast included in the rate. The beds were very confortable though. It is in a great location, close to the riverwalk and other local resteraunts. Staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds and pool looked very nice and inviting although I didn't use either. My room was on the first floor and had a view of the parking lot but it did have a nice patio you could sit out on.

Room Tip: The best rooms are facing the courtyard and are not on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
athibeault18, Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to San Antonio as well as sharing your wonderful review of our hotel and staff. We do take great pride in the friendliness of our Ambassadors and the services we provide and are delighted that they exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to being of service again in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I got this room on a bidding site and was pretty angry that it was listed as a four star riverwalk (area) hotel. It turned out to be a shorter, more pleasant walk to the riverwalk than I had anticipated, but I was still glad to have my daughter's intimidatingly large boyfriend along. One sideline benefit of being slightly off the riverwalk is that I finally saw some of the adjacent areas I had never taken the time to see, such as La Villita and Hemisfair Park. The hotel is nice, the rooms were large and nicely decorated, a balcony overlooked a beautifully landscaped courtyard, the beds were very, very comfortable with luxurious linens. The room was much quieter than many downtown hotels. Self-parking is still $23 per night, which was a little much, in my opinion, as it is in an open parking lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shmama
Reviewed 15 February 2012

happy to see the hotel just completed a refresh on the hotel. Rooms were nice, the staff is always friendly. the prive/value very high. only a block off the river, very good location for business and pleasure

Room Tip: courtyard views a plus
2  Thank SSHotelman
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The hotel is about 1.5 miles from downtown. You have to walk through a questionable area in order to reach downtown. To self-park in an outside lot was $23 a night. To have your car valet in an outside lot was $28 a night. The hotel rooms are being renovated. My first room was on the 5th floor and the paint smell was horrendous. I had to get a different room on the 7th. While I was doing this two other customers were requesting room changes because of the smell in their rooms. Why would they fill rooms that had just been painted? I had a do not disturb sign on my door until 11:45am when I left for my conference. When I got back that night the room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk the following morning and instead of getting an apology they told me that any room that has a do not disturb sign on their door at noon does not get cleaned that day. I told them I have never heard of such a policy and nonetheless the sign had been removed at 11:45AM. No apology was extended.

3  Thank Sujaka