“WE LOVE TO STAY AT THIS PLACE”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #249 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Laredo, Texas
“WE LOVE TO STAY AT THIS PLACE”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The first time we stayed at this place, we were wondering how it would be . If rooms were clean.. but we really loved it so every time we need to be in San Antonio we book a room.
I highly recommend it. Great service ..Everyone is willing to help. They have continental Breakfast.

Room Tip: suite have door between both rooms for privacy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel G
SanAntonioHoJo, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites San Antonio. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again! The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Shawnee
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I had an enjoyable month long stay at this hotel. The hotel is located between the hospital and very close to downtown. I think the cab fare is about 12 dollars to the riverwalk.

The appearance of the outside of the hotel was very appealing. The area did not look unsafe in anyway. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and answered all my questions. The building is a little older, so some things have a slight aged smell or look. They have done a very good job remodeling and making it look quite suitable though.

The room was very spacious, and the restrooms were squeaky clean. I had researched the other hotels neighboring, and this one had the most amenities. The tv was a nice brand name flat screen, and the air conditioner was electronically controlled. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, although the pillows were "normal" (smaller) sized compared to the "XL" (normal) sized pillows currently sold. There was plenty of couch, chair, and desk space in the living room area. The fridge and microwave were cleaned and worked as expected. The free wifi was decent, and was slower during peak usage times of the day.

My room was cleaned satisfactorily each and every day. Only one instance with not enough towels replaced during the entire month had occurred. I did not use the pool or hot tub, but they looked very clean. Free parking was never an issue. The free breakfast was fairly decent. Mostly a wide variety of carbohydrates, milk, juice, and those types of things.The manager addressed me by my name, and was very courteous throughout the entire stay.

Overall a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

3 Thank Jason C
Sugar Hill
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The outlets didn't work in my room near my bed so I didn't have lamps, an alarm clock or a place to charge my phone. The hotel room smelled like pot as did the hallway. I noticed my door wasn't locking when housekeeping came in my room when I said "no thank you." They tried to fix the door but it kept opening when it was pushed. I asked for another room but never got one. I finally decided to leave in the middle of the afternoon and they still charged me full price! $200 is what I paid for a day and a half of a terrible experience. The manager apologized and I appreciate that but did not compensate me for my horrible experience. On top of it all I left my jewelry box by mistake and they never found it. I wasn't surprised.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Jana P
Dear Valued Guest,We would like to thank you for being our guest. Thank you for the feedback you provided in your review. We do apologize for your stay being anything but excellent. Let me assure you that management has taken the necessary actions to correct the issues you have addressed. Guest satisfaction is our goal so we take every complaint and act on immediately. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Management team of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites San Antonio.
Pharr, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Wow, I was able to book a room while on the road. Quick, courteous personnel
was able to reserve me a room instantly with the best possible rate available.
The room was more than I expected; spacious, comfortable king size bed, cleanliness of entire room, plenty of amenities, cold quiet a/c. This hotel is tops
inside and out. The pool was invigorating and well-maintained. Breakfast was plentiful....the area was well organized. This hotel is very close to ATT Center!!!! I look forward to staying here again in the near future. I highly recommend it !!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms to the north side are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple