“don't think you should have charged for the safe that's in...”

Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center
Ranked #227 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 21 July 2013

don't think you should have charged for the safe that's in the room unless its requested but over all was a great room. Staff was awesome and very helpful.
Breakfast could have been better but we got there late every morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina C
SanAntonioHoJo, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites San Antonio. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. FYI at time of check out we can remove the safe charge at your request. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again! The Management Team

Reviewed 14 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy G

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The stay was a very pleasant, our 46th. wedding anniversary trip, close to downtown San Antonio, safe parking and well lighted parking with short walk to the entrance

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 103john103 V

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites San Antonio. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again! The Management Team

Reviewed 4 July 2013

The first time we stayed at this place, we were wondering how it would be . If rooms were clean.. but we really loved it so every time we need to be in San Antonio we book a room.
I highly recommend it. Great service ..Everyone is willing to help. They have continental Breakfast.

Room Tip: suite have door between both rooms for privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel G

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I had an enjoyable month long stay at this hotel. The hotel is located between the hospital and very close to downtown. I think the cab fare is about 12 dollars to the riverwalk.

The appearance of the outside of the hotel was very appealing. The area did not look unsafe in anyway. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and answered all my questions. The building is a little older, so some things have a slight aged smell or look. They have done a very good job remodeling and making it look quite suitable though.

The room was very spacious, and the restrooms were squeaky clean. I had researched the other hotels neighboring, and this one had the most amenities. The tv was a nice brand name flat screen, and the air conditioner was electronically controlled. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, although the pillows were "normal" (smaller) sized compared to the "XL" (normal) sized pillows currently sold. There was plenty of couch, chair, and desk space in the living room area. The fridge and microwave were cleaned and worked as expected. The free wifi was decent, and was slower during peak usage times of the day.

My room was cleaned satisfactorily each and every day. Only one instance with not enough towels replaced during the entire month had occurred. I did not use the pool or hot tub, but they looked very clean. Free parking was never an issue. The free breakfast was fairly decent. Mostly a wide variety of carbohydrates, milk, juice, and those types of things.The manager addressed me by my name, and was very courteous throughout the entire stay.

Overall a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jason C

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The outlets didn't work in my room near my bed so I didn't have lamps, an alarm clock or a place to charge my phone. The hotel room smelled like pot as did the hallway. I noticed my door wasn't locking when housekeeping came in my room when I said "no thank you." They tried to fix the door but it kept opening when it was pushed. I asked for another room but never got one. I finally decided to leave in the middle of the afternoon and they still charged me full price! $200 is what I paid for a day and a half of a terrible experience. The manager apologized and I appreciate that but did not compensate me for my horrible experience. On top of it all I left my jewelry box by mistake and they never found it. I wasn't surprised.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jana P

Dear Valued Guest,We would like to thank you for being our guest. Thank you for the feedback you provided in your review. We do apologize for your stay being anything but excellent. Let me assure you that management has taken the necessary actions to correct the issues you have addressed. Guest satisfaction is our goal so we take every complaint and act on immediately. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Management team of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites San Antonio.

Reviewed 23 June 2013