“Rude Staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Spring, Texas
“Rude Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I recently stayed overnight with my family and booked two rooms via hotels.com. When I checked in which was a little after twelve pm the clerk seemed to have a bit of a attitude being short with his responses and when I asked a question about which room had the single bed he responded by saying neither. I thought I had booked that type of room but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and just said ok and figured it was me who was mistaken. Make a long story short one room was a single bed but it was not figured out until my wife and I unpacked in the room with the two beds couldn't help but laugh and just make the switch with my children. The next morning when I called guest services and asked for a luggage cart the women who responded said there all being used, fair enough after about twenty minutes I decided to get one my self when I got downstairs there where 4 employees at the counter chating and directly next to them...a luggage cart. I even caught them make fun of a women after she passed by them by spraying air fresher in her direction....really?!? Overall not a bad value but the employees are a little stuckup.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Taylor C, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and staff for your disappointment regarding your stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton™ San Antonio Downtown It is our sincere desire to exceed the needs and expectations of each and every one of our guests. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with staff courtesy. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This Hotel was ready for our meeting and accommadated over 300 people with no problems. The hotel rooms were clean and the service was outstanding. If you plan a large meeting in the San Antonio area I would recommend Double Tree Downtown.

sat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Recently hosted a large conference at this property. We're planning to return next year…need I say more? The attendees all raved about this hotel, the staff and restaurant. The conference rooms were large enough to be set for large men without being crowded at the tables. The staff was beyond outstanding. Overall it was fantastic.

STL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I travel often with my position, so I have come to know and expect a great deal of comfort, quality, and service when I have to be away from home and my family. I found my welcome and stay to be an enjoyable experience. Although it was for work, the atmosphere, facility, foods and meeting rooms were very pleasant and of high quality. When I visit San Antonio again in the future, I definitely plan to return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ridgecrest, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Recently attended a conference located at this property in San Antonio, TX. Found the Hotel to be very clean, with friendly / helpful staff. The breakfast provided by the Hotel was Superb. All around a very nice visit!!

Hollywood, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently coordinated a meeting at this hotel for 170+ folks. The meeting was a huge success. The hotel staff catered to our every need and not being right on the Riverwalk was actually a benefit to our social events and team building in the evenings. The staff went above and beyond to provide entertainment and outstanding customer service. I hope to hold other events here in the future.

1 Thank Ellen B
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have stayed here twice now through Priceline and I have no complaints about this hotel other than it is a bit difficult to get to market square or Riverwalk from here without driving or taking the yellow route bus, which is what we do. The hotel does not have a complimentary breakfast either, which is the reason I didn't give it 5 stars. Overall though, this is a great hotel if you're staying in San Antonio.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family