DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #73 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, United States
“ROOM”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Arrived late to the hotel and room was dirty, found trash of napkins behind the desk area. I did not report because it was very late and did not notice the trash until the following morning. We were offered breakfast however the waiter was very rude and only came to the table once.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Rachel M
Ruben C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear RM:

Clean and friendly is fundamental in this business and based on your comments we failed on both. What you described is unacceptable and I am hopeful you will reach out to me so that we can discuss the details of what you experienced. Rest assured I will discuss these comments with our staff and will look into every detail of your stay so that I can more directly address what you described. I am hopeful you will give us another chance and let us restore your trust. I am at your service and will make it a great stay.

Ruben Carrasquillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pros - Very clean place to stay on a budget. Rooms were comfortable although a little small but again on a budget not bad. Staff was very friendly from housekeeping to the front desk everyone was a class act. Restaurant was very good and actually was a lot better than most places in the city. The pool was kept up very well and clean also. Parking was very convenient and secure.

Cons - the only complaint was some scam artist got in the lobby and left flyers on people doors for pizza delivery. I was an unfortunate victim and did not receive pizza and they stop answering the phone. Fortunately i used a credit card and was able to dispute the charges. It would help them to add some security to keep out the scam artists.

Room Tip: higher rooms have less foot traffic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marv W
Dear M:

Thank you for your kind comments. Please reach out to me so that I can resolve any outstanding issue you may still have with the pizza folks. I will make it right immediately.
Kindest Regards-
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

First, the good- all staff we encountered were friendly. Um, that's about it. Our first room had soaked carpet which I discovered by walking on it in socks(still not sure what that fluid was & it cost me a pair of socks I bought from Disneyworld because I did not want to hang on to them with an unknown liquid saturating them) we were switched to a different room, one even closer to the service elevator...every time it opens or closes it makes THREE obnoxious chimes (even at 11pm, 2:30am, 5am) you get the idea. when I asked them to move me away from the elevator they accommodated by giving me a room behind the two main elevators and in front of an ice machine...common sense made me turn it down. their only other option was smack dab in the middle of both main & service elevators (so I could hear chimes & traffic from both directions) AND off of the "hilton honors floor" which I was originally on. after some deliberation I opted to cut my mini vacation short, rather than lose yet another night's sleep. I have to add that the pool, as well as hot tub we're cloudy/murky & full of floating leaves/petals??? This would not be my first, second or third choice in downtown san antonio.

• Stayed July 2014
Ruben C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear W&C
Thank you for your recent visit and the kind comments about the staff. I truly apologize for the discomforts you described as a restful sleep is truly our top priority. Elevators all seem to have their own unique sounds-which I am told are requirements in the elevator industry. I wish someone would come up with "the best" elevator sounds that have zero negative impact on a guest but that just hasn't happened. I do hope you give us another chance- I will do all I can to find that perfect room location without any sounds and will secure it early for your arrival.
Sincerely-

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Artesia, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On our way to South Padre Island for vacation and stopped in San Antonio at the Double Tree. The atmosphere was nice. The rooms were nice clean and comfortable. We would most definitely stay at this DoubleTree again or any other along the way again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear GB!
Thank you for your visit and the kind comments. We all appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey. We look forward to you next visit.
Kindest Regards-
texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Check in was fast. We entered the room, and a smell hit our nose. The beds were sleep number, BUT they must of been one of the first ones made. It felt like you were in a water bed. Horrible!! When I woke up in the morning, I noticed the ceiling had mold!! Gross! I took a picture. If i can find a way to post it on here i will! There was also something that looked like dried blood on the bathroom wall.

• Stayed July 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Booked at the last minute as we yravelled. The staff was awesome and made accommodations to get us in early. Fantastic cookies at check in. Prices are reasonable and they run a shuttle into the Riverwalk area.

The room we were in, 315, is close to freeway but never heard noise. The beds are sleep number beds. The bathroom door is a bit unusual but not a big deal.

The downside is the restaurant but there are alternatives close by.

I will definitely return here whenever I come to San Antonio.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Alva, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Easy to get on and off the freeway to the hotel. Adjustable air mattress was a plus. Loud air-conditioner. Pay for parking. No tub - only shower. No place in shower for soap and shampoo other than floor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business