“Family Vacation”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #72 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Loved my stay, cant wait to visit another Double Tree. Rooms were clean, Pool was clean, pool area was amazing. Staff were very friendly and very informative. Great Location. Parking was a little tight at night. And EXCELLENT COOKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite nice and well maintained. The staff friendly and well trained. This is a good hotel. I am taking points off for road noise. Yes it is off 410 and some noise is to be expected. That said the roomwas far noisier than it should have been. Ask for a room in the back and away from 410.

• Stayed: June 2013
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff. It wasn't clear as to why you told the the room was noisy than normal. But I will be following up with my Front Office staff. You would expect a little airport noise, of which we are fortunate to have none!

We hope to see you again when you visit San Antonio!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Unfortunatly we were not received with cheerful greetings. However, we did get other clerks that were outstanding. The room was so dusty, I had to dust myself because my husband have a condition that he cant tolorate much dust. The facuet in the bathroom was leaking the toilet was dirty and the bathroom floor was dirty. If the room was cleaned correctly I would have given it a very good rating. The decor of the room was wonderful and the cooling system worked very well!!! our view was beautiful so it was not a total wash out!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I reviewed your comments about the condition of your guest rooms at our morning Housekeeping meeting. The fact that our windows open can cause dust, that is is no excuse for the condition of the bathroom.

Hopefully the remainder of your stay was more pleasant.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean and relatively cheap. Its located off a busy highway and close to the airport. There is a big mall on the other side of the highway with many other food options if you don't want to eat in the hotel. The hotel restaurant is good and has good and friendly service. Inside rooms facing the pool can be quieter but also lack a lot of natural light. Overall the Doubletree is a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel was ideally situated for my trip, as I didn't need to be in the Downtown area.
For the price, it was a very comfortable hotel for my needs.
The hotel bar was a great place to grab a beer and catch up on some work (the WiFi extended down there), but the restaurant wasn't so great. Service in the restaurant was fine, but when I order a steak in Texaas, I am not often dissapointed, unfortunately this time, I was.

Room Tip: San Antonio has some excellent restaurants. The hotel Cascabel restaurant is not one of them.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Avg hotel, not great not bad, convent , nice bar this little energy. I stay here as it is a good location to get to my clients. Carpeting is aging, pool is quite a delight. I fail to understand why the chain is so excited about the free chocolate chip cookie. It's good, but not there reason for being or to cause me to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Our signature chocolate chip cookies is not to be considered a bribe, but an reward or treat after a long day of travelling. I hope you enjoyed it. I apologize that you found the hotel not to your liking and considered us "mediocre". True, not everyone likes the older style architecture, but my staff and I do our best everyday to provide good service to our guests, including our warm chocolate chip cookie. We also offer a green apple at check-in if you would prefer a healther option. I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you visit San Antonio.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel a couple times now and every time the staff is very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is in a great location, close to the airport, shopping and restaurants. Beds are very comfortable and clean. Best part you get a warm cookie when you check in.

• Stayed: August 2012