“Stay in San Antonio”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, United States
“Stay in San Antonio”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

DoubleTree room was really small and overpriced. Restaurant really bad. Salad had sat in dressing til it became soggy. Also had odd ingredients. Chili was pretty good. Seemed to have come from a can. Service was slow considering very few patrons.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I so sorry you had a bad experience in our restaurant. However we do make our chili from scratch and our salads are usually made to order. I will speak our Chef and make sure that she follows up. Unfortunantely I cannot change the size of our rooms. We appreciate you take the time to comment about the hotel and hope you to give us a second chance the next time you visit San Antonio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Akron, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Everything was wonderful about this hotel. It was a very welcoming experience and the internal appearance or architecture gave the appeal of being on an island somewhere. The one downside that I saw with our room is that the bathroom is extremely small. It's really only a one person bathroom. I had the chance to peak into another vacant room, which looked like a courtyard view room and the bathroom appeared to be larger, so maybe it really just depends on the room itself. Other than that, everything was perfect!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Austin, TX
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times but the last time I stayed here I noticed the hotel seems to be going downhill. The check in lady was in a frenzy with another staff member when I arrived. Quite embarrassing. The pool was open way past the 10:00 pm closing time which made it extremely difficult for my son to sleep. The food was average. They did allow us to check in early though which was nice. Unfortunately, I will be switching my business to a new establishment.

Room Tip: Although it is tempting, I would suggest not staying in a room that faces the courtyard. Too many p...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
The Woodlands, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I grew up in San Antonio and worked at a sister property in the mid-70's and visit this property while still under construction. It is great to see the quality and service provided by Doubletree continues to meet and exceed expectations. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Aurora, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Great hotel staff. The food was good and staff made sure you were okay with the food and always came back to see if you needed anything else. Our room was kept clean by the staff when we were out of the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you Richard W.

My staff and I try to provide great guest service everyday. It is nice to hear something good for a change. My mother always said, "What goes around, comes around". May you have blessings in your future.
houston, United States
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The outside is attractive. Inside, the rooms are unacceptable. The bathroom in mine was three 8 inch tiles wide, meaning 24inches. Towels are stored about six feet high over the toilet. I am 4'11: go figure. The depressing decor, black and dark brown, was made worse by dirty, stained carpet and stained walls. The french door was held together with duct tape. Furniture was badly scarred and broken. Beds appeared to be clean, but linens had horrible smell. Room faced the mall, but the noise from the highway kept me awake all night. Bathtub faucet out of whack. Had to crawl on my stomach to plug in coffee pot--a waste of time as coffee packets seemed filled with sawdust. I jumped ship after one night, had planned on two. I was overcharged on my bill, but staff corected it. The staff were nice, but I realized they could not fix all of the problems. My anticipated 2 day holiday was ruined.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm sorry to hear that you left with such a negative feeling about the hotel. Cleanliness and guest satisfaction are tow our our top priorities, and I apologize that we fell below your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback, and will utilize it in an effort to better our hotel in the future. Hopefully the next time you're in town, you'll give us another chance and stay with us again. Sorry we ruined your holiday.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Malakoff, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Easy location to find from airport. Staff is very friendly except when it comes to smoking. We were advised by paper signs to not smoke in the open courtyard and they were taped all over the exterior walk in a very passive aggressive manner. I'm a grown man and do not need a nanny telling me where I can't smoke outdoors.

When you went to the smoking area by the bar the key slot lock did not work and you had to walk back to the front of the hotel. Issue was reported to front desk staff several times but was not fixed during 5 day stay.

Food service staff were exceptionally nice and accommodating.

Parking needs to be addressed. Diamond spaces should be reserved in front as at other properties.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business