“Good rooms, reasonable prices”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #70 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, United States
“Good rooms, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Everyone on the staff was first class. Enjoyed the stay. There were one or two things with the room, but they were not reported. I was in a handicap room 130. The shower noise from the next room would knock you out of bed. Those folks got up at 6:00 a.m. The water level in the toilet needs to be adjusted. Water in the bowl is too high. Check to see if shower water is weeping through the wall to the bedroom.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I personally had the worst experience when checking in. Found extremely rude and impolite crew at the Front Desk - and then in the meeting rooms - was being charged to even have ELECTRICAL for my projector. Very disappointing. Great rooms - great restaurant - HORRID service at the front desk. If you can get by that, you will be ok. Just MY personal experience. No reflection on the Hotel overall

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Pierre K ~ Again my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered when checking in to the hotel last week. I'm sorry you had to wait for your room. It is certainly not the kind of experience we want our guests to have at the Doubletree.

As I mentioned when I replied to your customer survey, I will be taking care of your sleeping room for the night we stayed here. Hopefully that will make up for your experience.

We have already taken care of the Front Desk employee and I have followed up the our AV company regarding the charge for the extension cord. I there is something else you need me to do, please me know. We can call me directly if you would like to speak with me to review further the issues you experienced. You can reach me at 210-321-4801.
Shepherd, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I like this hotel because it is different. I stay at so many hotels and couldn't tell the difference between one in Louisiana and one in Portland, Oregon. This isn't a hotel put together with a cookie cutter.

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
Reviewed 25 September 2013

In general, the Dobletree San Antonio Airport offers what you may expect from this brand in terms of amenities, accommodation and service. However, the age of the site is evident in many areas. Hopefully, the current renovation works will continue to update the whole place. There are many hotels close to both the airport and the shopping area surrounding the North Star Mall but this one is just across the street from the mall's parking lot. As it is common in many of these type of hotels the quality of the restaurant combined with the prices charged offer low value. Fortunately there are several eating alternatives very nearby. Opportunities for improvement are the crowed space where the coffee maker is located inside the room and a direct telephone line for international guests arriving into the airport and not having a cell phone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

DoubleTree room was really small and overpriced. Restaurant really bad. Salad had sat in dressing til it became soggy. Also had odd ingredients. Chili was pretty good. Seemed to have come from a can. Service was slow considering very few patrons.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I so sorry you had a bad experience in our restaurant. However we do make our chili from scratch and our salads are usually made to order. I will speak our Chef and make sure that she follows up. Unfortunantely I cannot change the size of our rooms. We appreciate you take the time to comment about the hotel and hope you to give us a second chance the next time you visit San Antonio.
Akron, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Everything was wonderful about this hotel. It was a very welcoming experience and the internal appearance or architecture gave the appeal of being on an island somewhere. The one downside that I saw with our room is that the bathroom is extremely small. It's really only a one person bathroom. I had the chance to peak into another vacant room, which looked like a courtyard view room and the bathroom appeared to be larger, so maybe it really just depends on the room itself. Other than that, everything was perfect!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Austin, TX
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times but the last time I stayed here I noticed the hotel seems to be going downhill. The check in lady was in a frenzy with another staff member when I arrived. Quite embarrassing. The pool was open way past the 10:00 pm closing time which made it extremely difficult for my son to sleep. The food was average. They did allow us to check in early though which was nice. Unfortunately, I will be switching my business to a new establishment.

Room Tip: Although it is tempting, I would suggest not staying in a room that faces the courtyard. Too many p...