DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #75 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I appreciated the delicious warm chocolate chip walnut cookie upon check in. The staff was very friendly and the facilities are very clean and comfortable. I will be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremy E, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for the great review! Warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookies are awaiting your return! Hope to see you again sometime soon. - Jeremy E and staff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The room was ok but I do not like the french doors, so you need to ask for a room with a regular door. Also, the restaurant is understaffed so it is very slow. Check in was efficient. End of stay bill should be put under door so you have to check out. Check was efficient, though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

My apolgies for the slow service in the restaurant. I worked in there with them yesterday, and have gone over your review with the service personnel. Doubletree's "Green Iniative", does not allow for us the put copies of folio's under guestroom doors any longer unless requested specifically. We are happy to e-mail a copy to you on your check-out day. If you stay with us again, I would be happy to note that request on your dossier, or you may let the desk know at check-in. Thank you for letting me know we issues you encountered with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The thermostat in the room was not working properly and it was either to hot or to cold.. Not enough personnel working at checkout.. Could not talk to anyone as one person was checking out guests. The lines of checkout were long as that one person struggled to take care of them all.. They use to put your bill under your door before checkout and you could review it then..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

My apologies that we were not staffed properly to handle your complaint. As part of our "green" iniative, we no longer deliver folios for every guest. It you would like to let me know, I can add it to our Hilton dossier and it will be delivered the next time you stay. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was used to staying at the Hilton at the airport when visiting San Antonio, but they were booked. I had never stayed at the DoubleTree before but was pleasantly surprised. I had read reviews about it being an older hotel, and it is. However, I stayed on the Hilton Honors floor and the room was very nice (it looked like it had been renovated). I also loved the staff; very professional and accommodating!! My only complaint is the pillows were too soft!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to post such a nice review. Those rooms haven't been renovated, but they are nicely furnished. Look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I choose this particular hotel location for our weekend getaways because of its room accomodations, the great customer service and the amenities. It is close to shopping, restaurants and the freeways.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you Cheryl for the great review. We will share with our staff! We hope to see you again sometime soon! Jeremy E - Director of Rooms

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel last minute for my husbands graduation from Air Force basic training after attempting a stay at a La Quinta Inn closer to the base. Driving a bit farther each morning was worth it! Felt comfortable and at home in this Doubletree. Everything you expect of a Hilton and had a nice Texas flair to the decor. The breakfast offered some excellent hot options - eggs mixed with salsa or ham and cheese. I had to be on base super early the first morning and had to get going just as breakfast was opening. The staff helped me get a meal to go so I didn't have to miss out on breakfast. Had my dog with me and was given a nice courtyard facing room on the ground floor to accommodate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Kristen,

Thank you for the kind review and thank you to you and your husband for his service to our country. My staff and I enjoyed meeting you and your puppy and we were glad we could be of service to you. Congrats to you and your family as you embark on your new journey in the military!!

Jeremy E
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Best run Hilton property I have stayed at. The staff is very friendly and accomodating to assist in your needs. The location is excellent for resturants and shopping besides being close to the airport with shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business