“Disappointed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Rosa, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here one night while driving across the country with our dog. When we checked in they forgot to have me sign the pet agreement so they could charge me $75 for a pet fee. Then when she asked me to sign it she made it seem like I was trying to sneak the dog in even though my reservation clearly stated I was traveling with a pet. The first room they gave us still had the ozone machine in it going full blast. The second room they gave us had a broken cooling/heating system. And finally, when we requested a small fridge to keep our traveling food cool we were told "none of them work right" and we had to do without. All in all I was very disappointed. We paid more to stay here than any other Hilton property we stayed at during a two week trip and it was the worst stay we had. When I told them all this their response was "Gosh, so sorry. Would you like some extra cookies?" Two chocolate chip cookies do not make up for all this trouble and cost.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Stephanie P
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I am so sorry for the trouble you experienced here at our property. What you encountered is not a reflection of our high standards. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and to make it right.

jeremy.edens@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Lewisville
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is on the older sider, but that adds some charm. The rooms that open to the courtyard are quieter than I expected. The front desk and restaurant staff were great. Friendly and excellent service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opening into the inner courtyard
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. We agree with you that our hotel has charm and character. I will be sure to share your comments about the front desk and restaurant staff with them. Hope to see you again soon!
Big Wells, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The stay at the Double Tree was a excellent stay. I would recomend this Hotel to all my friends and co-workers. The staff was really atentive in helping and all the cleaning staff did a good job. The pool was a great expriance all and in a good location.

1 Thank Silvestre C
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for the great review!! We welcome you back with open arms and warm DoubleTree cookies!
Houston, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I appreciated the delicious warm chocolate chip walnut cookie upon check in. The staff was very friendly and the facilities are very clean and comfortable. I will be returning to this hotel in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremy E, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for the great review! Warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookies are awaiting your return! Hope to see you again sometime soon. - Jeremy E and staff
Miami, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The room was ok but I do not like the french doors, so you need to ask for a room with a regular door. Also, the restaurant is understaffed so it is very slow. Check in was efficient. End of stay bill should be put under door so you have to check out. Check was efficient, though.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
My apolgies for the slow service in the restaurant. I worked in there with them yesterday, and have gone over your review with the service personnel. Doubletree's "Green Iniative", does not allow for us the put copies of folio's under guestroom doors any longer unless requested specifically. We are happy to e-mail a copy to you on your check-out day. If you stay with us again, I would be happy to note that request on your dossier, or you may let the desk know at check-in. Thank you for letting me know we issues you encountered with us.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The thermostat in the room was not working properly and it was either to hot or to cold.. Not enough personnel working at checkout.. Could not talk to anyone as one person was checking out guests. The lines of checkout were long as that one person struggled to take care of them all.. They use to put your bill under your door before checkout and you could review it then..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
My apologies that we were not staffed properly to handle your complaint. As part of our "green" iniative, we no longer deliver folios for every guest. It you would like to let me know, I can add it to our Hilton dossier and it will be delivered the next time you stay. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
florence, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was used to staying at the Hilton at the airport when visiting San Antonio, but they were booked. I had never stayed at the DoubleTree before but was pleasantly surprised. I had read reviews about it being an older hotel, and it is. However, I stayed on the Hilton Honors floor and the room was very nice (it looked like it had been renovated). I also loved the staff; very professional and accommodating!! My only complaint is the pillows were too soft!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to post such a nice review. Those rooms haven't been renovated, but they are nicely furnished. Look forward to seeing you again, soon!