“Centrally Located and easy to get in and out”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #69 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, United States
“Centrally Located and easy to get in and out”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I couldn't be happier with the hotel, design, staff, room, food - everything. The hotel's courtyard is beautiful, too. The location is in the middle of town so half way to downtown and half way to Six Flags / North part of town. Also across the street from the shopping mall and great Mexican food. Easy and short walk in and out of the hotel as I was there on family matters and left the hotel often.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Charles P,

First of all thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review. I certainly agree with your comments about our beautiful courtyard. I will share your comments about our staff, they will certainly appreciate the recognition. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again sometime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Prosper, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very poor drinks from bar, had a very bad taste as if watered down with something. I have stayed at this Double Tree many times over the years. I like everything about the hotel, first time I had any problems.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Richard,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and our staff. I will be sure to share your comment about the drinks with our food and beverage team so we can improve. Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Is my third time is San Antonio and for its location and hospitality I always choose this hotel.

I arrived a little bit earlier than the check in hour and they had my room ready. Well located in the 3rd floor.

Shuttle service is great and by far one of the best features of the hotel.

Buffet is pretty decent and well prices however would like to see more choices.

Overall a great stay and will back for sure soon..

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank AliceA14
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
AliceA14,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this amazing review! We love to host shoppers and our complimentary hotel shuttle is always happy to transport our guests to our surrounding shopping destinations!

We hope to see you again sometime soon!!

Jeremy E
Director of Rooms
Canyon Lake, TX, United States
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Double Tree near the San Antonio Airport to facilitate an early morning departure and for remote parking. Upon request the night clerk gave us information about the nearby Guajillo Cafe. Parking was much more convenient than we imagined. The room was quiet. It would have been nice if, since we were paying them for over 2 weeks parking, that the hotel would have been able to offer us a reduced rate or a nicer room, but all in all, we were well satisfied.

Greetings Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to publish this great review! I hope you enjoyed your stay and your trip. We hope you come back and see us again sometime soon!

Jeremy E
Director of Rooms
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed on business a couple nights ago with colleagues. Its relatively close to the airport and easy to find. Beautiful old property, but the rooms need work and the heating system was challenged. Four of five in our group complained that the rooms wouldn't warm up, and at least my wing corridor was absolutely freezing.

Now, in fairness, we were visiting at the tail end of the record breaking cold snap - perhaps the heating system was simply overwhelmed by demand and couldn't keep up.

Not sure if it was dirt or stains, but the bathroom looked/felt "grungy." Shower couldn't hold a steady water temperature.

The bed on the other hand was very good - and I loved the down comforter to snuggle down in to ward off the chill in the room.

Staff was pleasant, but check out was a long ordeal - plenty of folks on the desk, but at least one was in training, phone calls were taken while trying to check us out -- two of my colleagues were finished in the time it took them to tell me I had no incidental charges and my account was prepaid.

If this wasn't a Hilton property, I probably wouldn't grouse. It wasn't a "bad" experience - just not up to my expectations. For a pass through visit - or overnight before/after a flight, I would use again (especially in the summer when heat isn't needed).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Greetings Practicaltraveler4,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so sorry the room you were placed in failed to meet your expectations. You did visit on a VERY cold week here in sunny San Antonio! I apologize that the system in your room wasn't able to produce a comfortable temperature. I hope that next time you are in San Antonio you will come visit us again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel around the outdoor pool & spa, BUT housekeeping was the worst WE (2 couples with 2 rooms) have ever had in any Hilton owned property!! Example, the maid placed dirty glasses outside our front door and no one ever bothered to pick them up after 6 days!! We had to complain about not having ice bags for ice buckets, not replacing coffee packets, toilet being stopped up all day and cell phone not working inside our rooms!! This hotel really needs a major renovation on the inside! Also, we only ate in the hotel 2 times during our two week stay and that was one two many times!
On the positive side, the front desk personnel were very polite and professional and the cookies delicious! Would we ever stay at this facility again? NO!!! Sorry....

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
My sincere apologies, I will follow-up with our Housekeeper - That is far from the norm and not the type of experience we want you to have at the hotel. I appreciate you letting me know.
Santa Rosa, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here one night while driving across the country with our dog. When we checked in they forgot to have me sign the pet agreement so they could charge me $75 for a pet fee. Then when she asked me to sign it she made it seem like I was trying to sneak the dog in even though my reservation clearly stated I was traveling with a pet. The first room they gave us still had the ozone machine in it going full blast. The second room they gave us had a broken cooling/heating system. And finally, when we requested a small fridge to keep our traveling food cool we were told "none of them work right" and we had to do without. All in all I was very disappointed. We paid more to stay here than any other Hilton property we stayed at during a two week trip and it was the worst stay we had. When I told them all this their response was "Gosh, so sorry. Would you like some extra cookies?" Two chocolate chip cookies do not make up for all this trouble and cost.

1 Thank Stephanie P
Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I am so sorry for the trouble you experienced here at our property. What you encountered is not a reflection of our high standards. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and to make it right.

jeremy.edens@hilton.com