“Good business trip rest”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #71 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Whitehouse, Texas
“Good business trip rest”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an older property, but the staff is maintaining the hotel very well. It still has that "extra quality" atmosphere. My room was on the fourth floor overlooking the pool area. Nice area to relax and read. Everything in the room worked properly. I would enjoy returning in the future.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a nice view of the pool area.
Green Features: They encourage recycling at all trash cans and other recycling procedures.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Jim C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our hotel.

We are happy to learn of your great stay with us and we thank you for your nice comments. If you can think of anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

210.321.4801 (direct)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Manhattan, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The staff was friendly and professional. The building smelled like mold in some places. The carpet in the hallways is old and worn. The furniture in the lounge was dirtily. The gym had mediocre equipment but no way to clean it when you were done. The restaurant staff are mostly friendly and the made to order breakfast was delicious.

1 Thank Dana E
Hello Dana E,

We are happy to hear of your great interaction with our team and they will appreciate you pointing that out. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered with the fitness room and cleanliness in certain areas. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you either email or call me at my contact information below. We want to hear your opinions.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Loved the double french doors to the room overlooking the quad and pool area. The room was pleasant and spacious. Very convenient to the airport, shopping, and dining. It was a short drive to get to the downtown Riverwalk area.

Hello 5STATES,

We are happy to hear of your great stay with us and thank you for the nice comments. The team will be thrilled to read them. If you have anything additional you feel would assist us in improving our hotel, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you frequently stay at Doubletree hotels, use caution when booking at this location. The courtyard is beautiful, but rooms are dated. Bathrooms have peeling wallpaper that is probably 20 years old. My sink would not drain. My parents had to be moved to a different room because the bathroom above them was leaking through their ceiling. The furniture doesn't match...neither do any of the linens on the bed or curtains. And the carpet is hideous! I had to get my own luggage cart when I arrived because the doorman were nowhere to be found. After I had loaded it myself, two of them walked our chuckling, looked at me, apologized, and asked if I needed help. Front desk staff was very polite when I checked in. They also sent someone right away to fix my sink.

The night before last I stayed at a roadside Comfort Inn that was much nicer than this hotel in every way.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank TravelNovice
Hello TravelNovice,

I am discouraged to learn of the experience with your stay. I am sorry that you felt your product was not up to the standards of the brand. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you either email or call me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hotel stay was good until the last night, room was not made up, telephone line hotel was not working. Complained to hotel staff who offered drink coupons, desert coupons and finally offered to have room made up at 8pm I refused room make up at that time.

1 Thank Dan L
Hello Dan L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback which allows us to improve our hotel.

We are happy that the start of your stay was enjoyable, but I am disappointed to learn of the issues on the last night. I am sorry that you had to have that ending experience with us. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions matter to us.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Brownwood, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a company meeting and stayed 3 nights at this facility, each night a different member of our group had their room broken into, and items were stolen! The police were summoned each night to investigate. The hotel managers and staff were VERY rude and the situation was handled HORRIBLY each time!! The hotel manager even threatened to make me leave if I did not stop complaining about the hotel thief!! The hotel was not clean!! I travel for a living and have stayed at many, many different hotels, I will NEVER stay at this facility again!

Room Tip: Thief's target electronics and checkbooks
1 Thank Dawn865
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello Dawn865,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us, although we wished it were under better circumstances. Regardless, we appreciate your feedback because it will assists us with improving our hotel.

I am sorry that you felt like our team did not do anything to address your concerns. This obviously is a concern to us and will be addressed. I will be more than happy to speak with you about this issue and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below.

We realize we have lost you as our guest, but please don't let one experience hinder you giving us another opportunity to have you stay with us. In spite of our efforts, you are a valued guest.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a company meeting here for 3 days and all 3 nights we had several room break ins. Several electronics were stolen. The hotel staff doesn't care. Not one manager has followed up with any of us regarding the break ins. No one in our LARGE company will EVER stay here again!!!

Hello gkneek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us, although we wished it were under better circumstances. However, we do appreciate your feedback because it will assists us with improving our hotel.

I want to apologize for not having anyone come and speak to you regarding the issues you encountered. I should have been the one to speak to you and I didn't do so at the time. I will be more than happy to speak with you about this issue at this time and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below.

We realize you mentioned your large company will no longer do business with us again and I am sorry to hear this, however, please don't let this past oversight on our part be your deterent from giving us another opportunity to have you as our guest. You truly are a valued guest even though our efforts did not show it.