“Not what I would pick.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #76 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Missouri, United States
“Not what I would pick.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

If I had a choice this would not be the hotel I would stay in. I don't have a choice where I stay for some trainings. For the price there are much nicer, better kept up hotels to stay in. The restaurant's food is very expensive for the quality. Better options are available in the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Rachelle H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our hotel.

I am disappointed to learn of your thoughts on our hotel and I am I sorry we could not exceed your expectations with our service. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. We want to hear your opinions on our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

210.321.4801 (direct)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Making reservations was easy over the phone. They offer a hotel shuttle from the airport. The driver was timely in picking me up. It took about 10 minutes for the van to arrive at the airport. I was greeted warmly and the staff was very helpful in checking me in. During my stay, the hotel swimming pool was often out of order. I did use the hotel gym each day. They offer a wide range of gym equipment. I had the gym to myself each day. The gym is not the cleanest gym. There wasn't wipes or spray for the machines. However they offered a water cooler and air conditioned temperatures which helps a great deal with a workout. The sports bar was a good environment in the evenings. The breakfast bar was quality food with several healthy options. They offered cereals, eggs, potatoes, cheeses, fresh fruit, bread and juice. I had wished that they offered a toaster. They may have had one if I would have asked. The service was very good in the morning even when they were busy with guests. I had some technical problems during my stay. My two phones in the hotel room did not work. I did not get a dial tone. My internet connection was spotty in the room although it worked wonderfully downstairs in the lobby. I was located by the street so I could hear they busy high way but that is the case with any airport hotel. I choose this location because of the convenience of the airport. I would choice this hotel again. In fact, this is my second stay in the last two years.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Vanessa H,

We are so excited to learn of your great stay with us and thank you for your very detailed notes. We will be sure to pass this on to our team so they can celebrate the success of the areas you pointed out. We will be following up with the internet connection as that looked to be an issue with your stay. If you can think of anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

After moving our son into his new apartment, we were exhausted were and greeted with a warm cookie, complimentary bottle of water and a soft bed. The room was very comfortable and clean. Slept like a baby!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank kred317
Hello Karen R,,

We are so excited to learn of your great stay with us and thank you for your nice comments about the warm cookie and soft bed. If you can think of anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Whitehouse, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an older property, but the staff is maintaining the hotel very well. It still has that "extra quality" atmosphere. My room was on the fourth floor overlooking the pool area. Nice area to relax and read. Everything in the room worked properly. I would enjoy returning in the future.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a nice view of the pool area.
Green Features: They encourage recycling at all trash cans and other recycling procedures.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Jim C,

We are happy to learn of your great stay with us and we thank you for your nice comments. If you can think of anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Manhattan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The staff was friendly and professional. The building smelled like mold in some places. The carpet in the hallways is old and worn. The furniture in the lounge was dirtily. The gym had mediocre equipment but no way to clean it when you were done. The restaurant staff are mostly friendly and the made to order breakfast was delicious.

1 Thank Dana E
Hello Dana E,

We are happy to hear of your great interaction with our team and they will appreciate you pointing that out. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered with the fitness room and cleanliness in certain areas. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you either email or call me at my contact information below. We want to hear your opinions.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Loved the double french doors to the room overlooking the quad and pool area. The room was pleasant and spacious. Very convenient to the airport, shopping, and dining. It was a short drive to get to the downtown Riverwalk area.

Hello 5STATES,

We are happy to hear of your great stay with us and thank you for the nice comments. The team will be thrilled to read them. If you have anything additional you feel would assist us in improving our hotel, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Yorktown, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you frequently stay at Doubletree hotels, use caution when booking at this location. The courtyard is beautiful, but rooms are dated. Bathrooms have peeling wallpaper that is probably 20 years old. My sink would not drain. My parents had to be moved to a different room because the bathroom above them was leaking through their ceiling. The furniture doesn't match...neither do any of the linens on the bed or curtains. And the carpet is hideous! I had to get my own luggage cart when I arrived because the doorman were nowhere to be found. After I had loaded it myself, two of them walked our chuckling, looked at me, apologized, and asked if I needed help. Front desk staff was very polite when I checked in. They also sent someone right away to fix my sink.

The night before last I stayed at a roadside Comfort Inn that was much nicer than this hotel in every way.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank TravelNovice
Hello TravelNovice,

I am discouraged to learn of the experience with your stay. I am sorry that you felt your product was not up to the standards of the brand. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you either email or call me at my contact information below.