“Worn out needs refurbishing”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #72 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for a family event. General facilities were nice. Pool was closed. Fitness Center was small but adequate. I had a room overlooking the courtyard. The room was nice but coffee pot died. I stayed for five days and my key was not working at least once a day. The bar closed early and the restaurant was going to close early on Sunday buffet until they realized we had ten people counting on breakfast. Hotel store was low on inventory and closed most of the time. Hotel staff was hard to find, room service however was attentive. Generally needs attention and staffing.

Room Tip: Noisy by courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Betty F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdivsor. We appreciate your feedback on your stay.

I am disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced, especially with our team being hard to locate. That is certainly not our expectation, but obviously was in your case. I am sorry that was your experience with us. Thank you for pointing out our attentive room service and we'll be sure to pass that on to our team. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please email or call me at your convenience at my contact information below. I would like to hear about our team and the other issues that took place.

Thank you again for your review and I am looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here recently with a large group. Had arraignments made for all rooms to be ready by 3 pm. Some people didn't get in rooms until after 8:30. My room was adequate but very loud. And I was the last room on the hall. I heard 3 different toilets flush and showers. . Daily room cleaning didn't happen until after 5 pm. Closet ice machine to my room was up one floor and across the hotel, and it didn't work. Parking lot was small and not friendly to large vehicles. Location was good. Breakfast buffett was sad. No condiments or milk. This place needs some serious help.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Food_man56,

I understand your frustration from what you wrote regarding our hotel and services we provided. I am sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one with us. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please email or call me at your convenience at my contact information below. I would like to hear about the issues at check in for your large group as well as the group breakfast that took place.

Thank you again for your review and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My trip was just an overnight stay, yet I was still very pleased with the hotel and accommodations. I was informed at check in of changes with their computer system, so I was not surprised of the longer than usual wait during check out the next morning. Staff was very courteous and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello Crystal B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdivsor after your stay with us in April. We appreciate your feedback.

Our team will be happy to read your review on their courteousness and professionalism. I am also pleased to see our effort to be proactive with you regarding our computer upgrade with Hilton was received well. If you can recall anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable with us, please either email or call me at my contact information below. We value your opinions and I always want to hear feedback on our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to seeing you again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Two nights in Feb. Was a bit scared off by some of the negative reviews of this property here and elsewhere. Hotel exceeded all expectations. Front desk (David, evening check-in): courteous, polite, going out of the way to help. I was given a fantastic room on the HHonors floor with interesting design details (something similar to faux wood beams under the ceiling). Was given free internet despite staying on a prepaid rate and even offered a free drink voucher - after saying my "thanks but not interested" for the latter, I was surprised with a coupon for a free breakfast instead! Service in the restaurant the next morning (waitress taking care of the eggs-made-to-order) was outstanding, couldn't fault it (and her). Food selection was a bit pedestrian but that is expected... the cut fruit were fresh. Checkout the next day was a breeze even though it was 5am. Perfect location for quick trips as it's a less than 10 minute drive from the airport car rental! And only 20 minutes (if no traffic) to downtown San Antonio / 40 minutes to the Missions, which I would heartily recommend visiting. Great job, DoubleTree SA Airport!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are probably more quiet. The courtyard is pleasant with a "tro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello WorldperksForever,

The team will be excited to read your review and we cannot thank you enough for your nice comments. We certainly are working hard to improve our hotel and it is nice to see that the efforts of the team are showing. If you can recall anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. We value your opinions and I always want to hear feedback on what we do well and what we don't do as well.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

If I had a choice this would not be the hotel I would stay in. I don't have a choice where I stay for some trainings. For the price there are much nicer, better kept up hotels to stay in. The restaurant's food is very expensive for the quality. Better options are available in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello Rachelle H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our hotel.

I am disappointed to learn of your thoughts on our hotel and I am I sorry we could not exceed your expectations with our service. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. We want to hear your opinions on our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Making reservations was easy over the phone. They offer a hotel shuttle from the airport. The driver was timely in picking me up. It took about 10 minutes for the van to arrive at the airport. I was greeted warmly and the staff was very helpful in checking me in. During my stay, the hotel swimming pool was often out of order. I did use the hotel gym each day. They offer a wide range of gym equipment. I had the gym to myself each day. The gym is not the cleanest gym. There wasn't wipes or spray for the machines. However they offered a water cooler and air conditioned temperatures which helps a great deal with a workout. The sports bar was a good environment in the evenings. The breakfast bar was quality food with several healthy options. They offered cereals, eggs, potatoes, cheeses, fresh fruit, bread and juice. I had wished that they offered a toaster. They may have had one if I would have asked. The service was very good in the morning even when they were busy with guests. I had some technical problems during my stay. My two phones in the hotel room did not work. I did not get a dial tone. My internet connection was spotty in the room although it worked wonderfully downstairs in the lobby. I was located by the street so I could hear they busy high way but that is the case with any airport hotel. I choose this location because of the convenience of the airport. I would choice this hotel again. In fact, this is my second stay in the last two years.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Vanessa H,

We are so excited to learn of your great stay with us and thank you for your very detailed notes. We will be sure to pass this on to our team so they can celebrate the success of the areas you pointed out. We will be following up with the internet connection as that looked to be an issue with your stay. If you can think of anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

After moving our son into his new apartment, we were exhausted were and greeted with a warm cookie, complimentary bottle of water and a soft bed. The room was very comfortable and clean. Slept like a baby!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kred317

Hello Karen R,,

We are so excited to learn of your great stay with us and thank you for your nice comments about the warm cookie and soft bed. If you can think of anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.