“Double Tree San Antonio Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #71 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anna, TX, United States
“Double Tree San Antonio Stay”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel was beautiful the staff were excellent, the rooms clean, pool great, and the area is surrounded by great shopping. Unfortunately the walls were too thin and we were woken by what seemed like a party the first night and an arguing couple with a baby, followed by inappropriate adult noises the next night. Needless to say we will think twice about bringing any kids the next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Jeremiah F R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read about how you enjoyed our hotel's service and hotel itself. I am disappointed to learn of the unfortunate noises that took place while you stayed with us. I am sorry was the case with your experience. If you felt there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. We want to know your opinions and I value all feedback.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

210.321.4801 (direct)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for multiple nights. I was greeted with a warm smile and warm cookie. The room was ok, not much to get excited over. The courtyard was nice, but an unexpected thunderstorm made for a very loud night. The hotel bar had bad service with the bartender running to the kitchen for ordered food. I could imagine that they would do much more business with some changes in duties. There was a small shop that only offered a few items for convenience but had much more room than items, definitely room to grow, but operating hours were not friendly. Overall, OK.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Hello Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to improve overall.

I am disappointed to read your comments on the noise and service issues that took place while you stayed with us. I would welcome an opportunity to hear more about your comments and ask that you contact me at your convenience at my contact information below. Your opinions matter to us and I always want to hear feedback.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Tianjin, China
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Service was ok at the desk .. Walls in the hotel were paper thin . Heard the neighbors conversations all night. Restaurant food was ok. Many of the bowls at the bufet were empty. Probably stick with Embassy suite

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Hello jerry p,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable to us.

I am disappointed to read your comments on thin walls, but even more so with our front desk service and restaurant food being OK. I would like to learn more about your comments and ask that you contact me at your convenience at my contact information below. Your opinions matter to us and I always want to hear feedback so we can improve our hotel.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel as a whole was very clean and the location was perfect if you're just coming in from the airport or want to go out to the clubs around the north side. I wish the rooms were bigger like the rooms at the Houston Galleria location, but other than that I had a great stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello James T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback.

The team will be happy to read your comments on our hotel, especially our housekeeping time. Thank you for pointing them out. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to improve your stay with us, please let us know as I always want to hear feedback from our guests. You can reach me at my contact information below when it is most convenient for you.

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent facility , very friendly staff . This hotel is like hidden gem , very nice architecture . Rooms are excellent and so well sound proof . One side of the wall is brick which looks great and works well for noise reduction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Bhuwan J,

We are excited to read of your great stay with us and appreciate your very nice comments. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to improve your stay with us, we love to hear about it. You can reach me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The pool area is very relaxing. It is an interior courtyard, and did not say if smoking is allowed or not. Unlike the Embassy Suites there is no Manager's Reception, nor is there a free breakfast. The breakfast will only be free to Diamond members.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Jeffrey B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are happy you enjoyed the pool courtyard as it is a wonderful area to relax. I am sorry that we did not have enough signage for designated smoking areas, but we'll follow up with our team on this so we have proper communication with our guests. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please let me know by either emailing or calling me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We've stayed here twice, both times for a business meeting for approx. 40 people. The service was good, ambiance is great... truly reflects the San Antonio culture. Great location for easy lunch and dinner and shopping options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello El G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent May stay with us. Your feedback is valuable as it assists us with improving our service and quality.

We are thrilled to read of your great stay and the team will be happy to read your comments. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions matter and I always want to hear feedback.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you need meetings and/or accommodations in San Antonio.