“Good choice if you don't want to be downtown”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #78 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Central Texas
“Good choice if you don't want to be downtown”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Doubletree is conveniently located for shopping and dining, but it is a short drive to the popular heart of San Antonio or out to the theme parks. The staff is very customer-service oriented and give great service, from the front desk to the housekeepers. The hotel restaurant, Cascabel, serves a great lunch, and the waitstaff is terrific. We ended up eating in 4 times because the restaurant was as good as any of the big chain restaurants nearby.

The only drawback is the parking. The lot fills up, and it can be difficult to find a space. We had to park around back and walk around 2 sides of the building to get in one evening around 10 p.m.

The courtyard pool is nice and very popular, and the "dive-in" movie on Friday night is fun. It's a good family hotel, and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside do not get any noise from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello DFrazee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are happy to read of your wonderful stay with us and the team will appreciate you mentioning their efforts with service. Thank you for your kindness. I can understand, however, the issues with parking when the hotel gets busy with guests and events. I am sorry you had that issue with us. If you have any additional comments, I would welcome an opportunity to hear those and ask that you contact me at my information below. I value all feedback as it assists us with improving our hotel.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel and we do look forward to having you back with us again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

210.321.4801 (direct)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was pretty good. The beds are extremely comfortable. The bathroom is one of the most cramped bathrooms I have ever been in. I stayed by the pool area and surprisingly it was not noisy at all. My room was missing an iron, but the staff corrected the issue immediately. The breakfast was pretty good and the hotel gave you breakfast vouchers and that was pleasing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Mona D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback.

We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with your family. I am also happy to see our team responded to you in a timely manner when a few issues arose, allowing you to continue to enjoy your time at the hotel. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below.
I will be in contact with you shortly to follow up.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had to change room access/key cards at least once a day during my 3-night stay; on one day it was three times. This was a widespread problem amongst many guests and the staff tried to fend it off as our fault. The elevators are saunas, and in the middle of July. The staff's typical reaction to major problems (beyond the little stuff) is to buy you off with a free breakfast or bar drink; do not accept this. Free drinks and meals will not fix a card reader network problem. Management comes off as a group of used-car dealers instead of professionals willing to do what it takes to get issues resolved. Anybody can act take on a facade of courtesy and sycophancy when faced with a frustrated traveler. Don't be misled by their soothing assurances; instead, monitor their actions (or lack thereof). And for the record, I did not raise my voice once or use inappropriate language in all my dealings with staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hello William H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback.

I am in receipt of your email to me regarding the issues with the credit card authorization and I am sorry that our team attempted to resolve it by offering you breakfast or drinks in our lounge. I have spoken to them regarding this as the main point was to assist you with the authorization amount and not "buy you off". Please know our intention was not to be quick with resolution.

I will be in contact with you shortly to follow up.

Thank you again for your review, although I wish it were under better circumstances.

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel facility was nice, very clean and great location, making it a good value. The front desk staff, however was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Our check-in seemed to be a huge inconvenience despite the low volume and don't even bother asking for anything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Emily B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after a recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am very concerned about the rude staff member that you experienced with us and I would like to find out more information from you on what transpired during your stay. With your wonderful comments on our hotel being clean and having a great location, it is disappointing to read how one of our team members delivered poor service. At your convenience, please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your additional feedback will assist us in correcting this issue as we follow up with our team.

Thank you once again for your review and please be assured this will be addressed. If you do come back to San Antonio again, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Humble, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the last weekend of June. The hotel is a bit older, but very well kept. Front desk staff was very professional and overall hospitable. They offered a warm cookie upon checking in. Bed was comfortable, and room was clean. This hotel is also close to the mall, which makes it very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hello Sean B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent June stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought our staff was hospitable and professional. They will certainly enjoy reading those comments. If there was anything additional you can think of that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. I always want to hear feedback so we can improve our hotel.

Thank you once again for your review on our hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. I love the Spanish style theme through out the hotel. It's an older hotel in comparison to other double trees we've stay in the past. But, it has a lot of charm, staff are friendly, and location is great. The room we stayed in was spacious and clean. No compliants!! We enjoyed our stay! Thank you double tree!

• Stayed July 2014
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello westjm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are so happy you enjoyed yourself over the July 4th weekend. We are happy to learn you liked our architecture as we are very fond of the style as it not only fits what San Antonio is about, but also allows you to think you are not at an airport hotel. Our team will also enjoy reading that you thought they were friendly. If there was anything additional you can think of that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. I always want to hear feedback so we can improve our hotel.

san antonio, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The experience with hotel personnel was pleasant and refreshing. After spending most of the day in an airport which now a days feels more like a day at the motor vehicle commision the stay was a pleasant end to arduous day. Staff pleasant and the facilities were well maintained. Conveniently located near airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Hello James W,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us after such a long day and that our team was able to see that and assist you to wind down in a pleasant manner. The team takes pride in their service and they will be excited to read your comments on them and the hotel. If there is anything additional you can think of that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. I always want to hear feedback so we can improve our hotel.

Thank you once again for your review on our hotel and we hope to see you again under less stressful airport circumstances.