“Convenient to the airport”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #73 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Convenient to the airport”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This older hotel will be good or just adequate depending on what room you get. Our king-bed room was fine. I did miss the fridge and microwave at other Hilton brand properties. Other than that the a/c worked perfectly on a hot day; as did everything else in the room. You can see a bit of wear but it's not bad. The only negative would be that to access the room you walked outside along a catwalk -- and it being hot and humid out, it made not the best impression. The room overlooked the central pool and hot tub, but being high up noise was not a problem. The room was cleaned and everything re-stocked each day as desired.

Service at check in was friendly. It took a bit to check in, but that was because we opted to wait for an upgrade to a king bed. Service in the restaurant at breakfast was outstanding -- each day a very friendly, efficient server provided a pleasant experience. The buffet had everything you could want from fresh fruit, cut melons, cottage cheese, home made yogurt, hot or cold cereals, 2 types of scrambled eggs, potatoes, beans, sausage links, bacon, juice. Anyone who can't find enough to eat here has a problem. One day there were pancakes and the next french toast, too. You can also opt to order cooked to order eggs or an omelet for the same price if you don't want the scrambled eggs offered.

They do a big army business as well. Plus their meeting rooms seemed to be busy as well. Families will enjoy the courtyard pool and hot tub. Free parking is also an asset.

Room Tip: Choose high floor; king bed
Green Features: they do have separate sections in the waste baskets for re-cycling.
Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AdvicePro
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Hello AdvicePro,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

After reading your comments, it looked as though you enjoyed your stay overall. I would be very interested to find out what we could have done to have you give us a 4 or 5 star review. Your comments were very nice and we appreciate your kindness towards our team as they will enjoy reading your review. If you can recall or think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please either email or call me at your convenience. I always like to hear feedback as it assists us with improvement.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

210.321.4801 (direct)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Edinburg
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This property is great when you are traveling on business- close to most business needs and very comfortable bed. I do not recommend for family travel- the elevator can be a long way from the room, the beds in the 2Q rooms aren't very big, and there is no free breakfast option. The property location is great in terms of where you need to go but not always easy to get to it, especially during traffic hours.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello Jose B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review after your recent stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback.

We are disappointed on your mixed review of our hotel, but can understand your frustration as our hotel is a busier, larger facility. We are sorry that your experience wasn't that what you expected, but we are happy to see you gave us four stars on service, rooms and location. If you felt there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please email or call me so I can learn more on how we can improve.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Amarillo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nathan was an outstanding shuttle driver. He was eager to take our bags and very friendly to talk to. He took us to the airport and picked us after our trip. He was so eager that he offered to get us a water and brought us back several cookies and a water for my husband and me. He then proceeded to put our bags in our car for us. He had put them along the curb where I was waiting for my husband to get the car. It was a VERY hot summer afternoon so we were very thankful for the water and assistance he gave us. Nathan was an excellent shuttle driver and well worth the tip we gave him. He is an asset to the Doubletree Hotel. We hope to stay there when we return just because of how nice he was. The airport parking was very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Jerry B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are so happy to read your comments about Nathan. He is a great asset to our hotel and we are fortunate to have him with us. We'll be sure to pass on our gratitude for his great service to you. If there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please either email or call me so I can learn more of how we can improve more.

Thank you again for your review and we do look forward to seeing you again the next time you come back to San Antonio.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was not a good hotel experience despite the friendly staff. I requested a refrig/microwave prior to arriving due to an extended stay. I was not informed that these were assigned to specific rooms. Then I was promised one for three days after arriving, I am still waiting. Locked staircase egress...dangerous. Room temperature too cold or too warm.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello brequet,

I am sorry your experience with us was not as great as you would expect due to our lack of urgency with your request for a microwave and refrigerator. I am sorry that was your experience with us. If there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please either email or call me so I can learn more of how we can improve.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again the next time you come back to San Antonio.

Friendswood, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our room was a long, I mean LONG walk from the nearest elevator. I don't mind walking, but combined with carrying armfuls of luggage and personal belongings and taking into consideration the very hot corridors, it was unpleasant and tiring.

Hello Kemberly K,

I am disappointed to read your comments on the long walk and warm hallways. I am sorry your experience with us involved that and that our team did not offer assistance to you. This is obviously something we need to address and please be assured that is something we will follow up on with our team. If there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please either email or call me so I can learn more of how we can improve.

Oakdale, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Staff at the Double Tree Airport hotel in San Antonio was excellent! Very nice, service with a smile. The hotel could use some general maintenance. Handles in the elevators were broken. Missing door nob on hallway door going out to the court yard, tub was slow to drain when running the shower.

Hello William L J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate you feedback.

We are happy to read how much you enjoyed our staff. They will appreciate reading your kind words about them. I am sorry that you experienced us working on the door handles and the slow drains. We will follow up with this with our team. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please email or call me at your convenience. I always look forward to hearing feedback as it assists us with improving our quality and service.

Thank you again for your review and we do look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

brownsville,tx, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This Hotel should not be branded by Hilton. The restuarant staff was not friendly at all. The folks at the front desk were very attentative. Thats about it. The Hotel is very,very dated.the rugs are very, very, very, dirty.

Hello Adam G,

I am disappointed to read of your experience with us was not as great as you would expect and that our restaurant team was not friendly. I am sorry that was your experience with us. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about this at your convenience. If there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please either email or call me so I can learn more of how we can improve.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.