“NO,NO TO 4621 rittiman rd MOTEL 6 NO, NO”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio Northeast - Rittiman Rd
Ranked #251 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 15 March 2013

When I was out seeing a sick family member. I had came back to my hotel room to find it not clean and smelling like marijuana was being smoked in the room I felt the need to make my needs known. when I went to the front desk to complain a man at the desk was very rude to me telling me I left things all over the beds. i told him all that was on the bed was covers, and asked him if he would like to come see. He stated no. i then asked him his name and he said John. I then went to the room and took pic's. i ran into him at the elevator and he told me he did not have time to be worried about that. I was very upset and went to the front desk again to speak with elane and she told me he was the manager and his name was david. I did not tell him about the smell in the room i told elane and she gave me some spray for the smell. i called the 1-800 number and spoke 2 two people, both of them telling me that i should not call the police about the smell and that i may get kicked out by management and to wait until morning to complain to customer relations. they told me there was not a place to make a complaint on a web site but guess what i found this web site..... un happy customer.....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Eoberto l, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio Northeast - Rittiman Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2015

Sorry to hear about your experience with our facility. Let me be the first to apologize on behalf of Motel 6. I am the new General Manager and I have made it my goal to turn this place around. We have since been renovated with new T.V's , Floors, Vanity sinks and Desk. I would like to invite you back to try one of our new renovated rooms and let us show you a better experience. My name is Roberto Luna and if you have any issues with your stay please don't hesitate to call me. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6!

Reviewed 18 December 2010

The room I was given had none of the amenities I requested and that were promised to me over the phone (microwave, fridge), smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was supposedly a non-smoking room, was freezing cold despite running the heater all night, and the bedspread was covered in stains. I was NOT happy with the room, but it was so late at night, I just wanted to go to sleep, and there was no manager on duty. So, I slept in the dirty, cold, smelly room. The next morning (compliments to the showers, they were nice), the checkout clerk asked about my stay and I mentioned that it wasn't great. She immediately got the manager and he was very concerned. He took a detailed description of all my issues, and gave me a full refund on the room, even though I didn't ask for one. Though I was disgusted by the room, I was very impressed by the quality of the customer service. I guess if the two were both of high standards, Motel 6 would have to charge a lot more.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 June 2010

There is nothing wrong with this Motel 6 at all! For $30 a night, you can't complain - it's a bed and a shower. The girl at the front desk, was accommodating to my 1st floor room request. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel, Whataburger and Taco Cabana(??). Slept great!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SoCalC8

Reviewed 9 June 2009

Cockroaches, dirty linen, cigrette burns on bedding and floor, hair in bathtub, carpert torn and ragged. Drug deals going on all night. Prepaid for 2 nights wanted to leave after 5 minutes, coul not get refund. Emailed guest relaions, whom didnt really seam to care. All they offered was a free one night stay next time I need a motel 6. Sorry but NEVER will I saty at any Motel 6. Had to spray my car and house due to roaches. Completely ruined my vacation!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2008

My husband is in the Army and the closest treatment facility for his problem is about 200 miles from home. Here, in San Antonio.
The army re-imburses us within 30-60 after treatment, but we can't afford to pay a lot considering we have to come here 2-5 days a month and most require at least an over night stay. We won't be paid back for travel for a couple of weeks or months, so it all comes out of pocket.
This hotel is EXTREMELY close to the hospital and it has a pool, which is great for the kids. It's also VERY CHEAP. We pay between $40 and $60 a night for a double (depending on the "season"), so we can afford it.
The rooms are clean, but they are not kept up to date. Some damage or holes in the walls or tiles here and there.
If you get a room close to the office, or between Sunday night and Thursday night, everything is fine. On the weekend, it is horrible because single soldiers use it for drinking and booty calls.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

A TripAdvisor Member
Copperas Cove
Reviewed 19 March 2006

spent the night being lullabied to a lover's quarrel in the middle of the night and woke up with itchy skin and welts by bed bugs.

• Stayed: March 2006

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2005

carpet was horribly stained, bubble gum under sheets, and dried vomit on bedspred.

Stayed: June 2005