My husband and I decided to stay here for a concert. We had already decided for this one and then his family made the reservation because they have a membership with the hotel chain, which allowed us to improve to a bigger room and still keep the low price.
The location is easy to find, and also very convenient. We drove to the concert venue, a used books store, the zoo, and the rivercenter / riverwalk without taking even ten minutes each time -and without ever taking the I-35.
The place is not fancy nor romantic. It is clean and practical. It was perfect for our one weeknight there, but it should also be a good fit for a couple's or family weekend in the city or a business trip.
The rest of the people we saw staying at the same time as us seemed nice. We catched a glimpse of a woman and her dog leaving at the same time as we did, which is very appealing to us -we are pet people and constantly struggle when leaving them, even for a day. We really didn't hear a sound or get a smell that indicated a dog was nearby (or had ever stayed in the same room).
The room and water temperature were perfect. There was an iron and and iron board which I didn't use. The phone made a funny noise once in a while, so we disconnected it, no biggie. The mini-fridge, microwave oven and TV were kind of dated, but they worked just fine. So did the hair drier and the wi-fi. There was an electric power bar, so we charged all of our gadgets in one place. There is some city noise in the night, but nothing to keep you up.
And yes, kind staff...
We will, in fact, go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This San Antonio hotel is one mile from the Alamo, a landmark and museum. The hotel offers free parking and free Wi-Fi in every room. The nearby bus stop offers access to many points of interest in San Antonio. Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk rooms include a cable TV. The rooms are also equipped with air conditioning. Guests can dine at Lulu Bakery and Café, which features large cinnamon rolls. Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk is within a 20-minute drive of SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. The hotel is one mile from the San Antonio River Walk, which features shopping and dining. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- Rodeway Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Rodeway Inn
- Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk Texas