Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$367
Omni Hotels
US$185
US$179
US$356
US$314
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$221
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$293
US$251
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$364
US$356
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
US$388
US$337
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Rodeway Inn is about a 15-20 minute walk downtown, You probably won't find anything cheaper closer to downtown. The rooms are fine & beds comfortable.
The motel is Situated next to Lulu's Bakery & Cafe which has some great food & you may have seen this featured on Man v Food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Do not stay here!

A suite
We booked a suite on the phone with Choice Hotels as Choice privileges Elite Gold member. When we arrived it was quite warm so we turned on the air conditioner in both rooms of the suite. The room smelled musty but we thought the air conditioner would take care of that.
Beautiful San Antonio
We went out for the evening to the beautiful River Walk in downtown San Antonio and returned about midnight expecting a cooled down room and to watch a little TV.
Broken air conditioner
What we found was that neither air conditioner was working, the room was still hot, musty and the outside temperature was warm also so we were very uncomfortable.
No phone
We were going to call the desk but found that there was no phone in our room, just a phone cord! I went down to the desk and told them about our problem and they said they would look into it.
Broken refrigerator
Meanwhile we were going to put our leftovers in the refrigerator but found that it too was warm and not working properly.
Broken TV
Now it was well after midnight and we were waiting for the air conditioner repair guys to come so we thought we would turn on the TV. The TV remote would not work so we tried to turn it on manually - that didn’t work either!
Broken air conditioner - again
When the fix it guys got there they could only fix one air conditioner so the rooms started to cool down but after an hour it quit again!
Slow internet
After being in bed for about an hour I was not going to get dressed again to go outside, down the stairs, around the building, across the parking lot to the office. So. Because we didn’t have a motel phone, I had to look up the number on my computer. Wow! was that internet slow! It was like the old dial up connections.
A fan?
When I finally got the number I called the desk on my cell phone and told the person there that our air conditioner was broken again, they said they could give me a fan. A fan? That’s just going to blow hot air. We couldn’t leave the door open in that neighborhood and it was too warm for blankets or pj’s. We just sweated it out until morning.
No authority
In the morning when I asked to have my room compensated for the night, the morning person at the desk said I would have to talk to someone else but they weren’t there until later. We had to leave.
Contacted Choice Hotels
They would not refund or credit my stay either because they said we stayed the night!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris d
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I saw this motel online I was sceptical, how could it be situated so close to all the main attractions of San Antonio and yet be so cheap? I booked one night to check it out and ended up booking 10 nights
I had booked the lowest priced king sized room and when I asked to extend was told they were full for memorial weekend but after Alex messed around on the computer he came up with one room free for Saturday, but at the higher rate in the main block with all facilities.he then said if I took that he would be able to half the rate and I'd pay the lowest rate for the other 9 days.when I agreed he said I could move into the premium room immediately (Tuesday) and remain for the duration all at the lowest rate but for one night. Great result for us!
The motel is practically under the I35 but when you close the door at night it's quiet and does not disturb your sleep.its next to 2 cafés and gives discount vouchers for both, one of which is open 24/7.
There are also bars and restaurants within walking distance and the area is safe to stroll at night being in the main hospital area of San Antonio.
Best of all the San Antonio shuttle tram stops directly outside reception and runs every 15 minutes to all downtown attractions stopping outside the Alamo, for only $1.20 a trip. You can also walk downtown in 20 minutes or join the river walk about 10 minutes away on foot.
We were very happy with all aspects of this surprisingly cheap motel and would gladly recommend it to vacationers on a budget who want to be near the main attractions of San Antonio

Room Tip: Block c is round back and away from daytime highway sounds, but generally the better rooms are in block A at a premium price
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman B
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We chose this motel because the price was ok and not too far from the river walk which is only 15 minutes by walk from the motel.
Room not clean enough when we arrived. Bathtub did not work but they fixed it quickly.
We were gone from 9am to 5pm and only the garbage was gone, but they also took one of our towels and bed wasn't done. Then key room did not work so we had to go to the reception 3 times on a row... How to loose time...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Coming from Las Vegas the MECCA hospitality/hotel industry of the WORLD we were extremely disappointed! When we opened the room a horrendous aroma creaked out of the room and back slapped us. The bathroom smelled like TERRIBLE urine mixed with the odor the hotel already contained. The bathtub had cracks everywhere and made us feel uncomfortable to shower. The shower curtains were brown and filthy. Additionally, the bathroom light bulb DID NOT work. And the maintenance guy's best trouble shooting skill was smacking it and saying "oh it doesn't work!" and did not want to replace it. The entire hotel room was a gigantic violation code waiting to happen. Microwave and refrigerator reeked of mold and were from the 1800s. We came to be surprised we did not find mold mushrooms around the hotel room. Beds, pillows, basically the whole mattress was yellow, uncomfortable, and it felt down right repulsive to lay on. We NEVER used the sheets, or any of the covers!

I WOULD NEVER EVER ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: ALWAYS remember to read the reviews for hotels before booking any rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family