“Slowly sinking in to the West”

Rodeway Inn at Six Flags
Ranked #224 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I booked the room through Expedia. What a joke. Yes, it was cheap. It also had the following problems:
Badly stained upholstery All furniture shows signs of guest use and abuse
Heavy smell of mold, possibly animal urine
Visible black mold oozing out of the cracks around the molded tub/shower unit.
Lumpy, uncomfortable beds It is beyond the staff to fix this. The hotel needs a major overhaul with new carpets, beds, furniture. Some bathrooms may need to be gutted.
There is hope - this would make a great place to do a re-make of Psycho.

Room Tip: Book some where else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lucy H

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This place was cheap. For a reason. I am not a picky person when it comes to hotel rooms- we are never in them except to sleep! But this one was not my cup of tea. The paint job in the bathroom was sloppy- and that to me seems like an indicator of other things that are done sloppily. It basically didn't feel clean. Old and clean is ONE thing-old and also not clean is another.
If you don't care about that, then go for the free "orange juice" (water with a squeeze of orange), the basketball court and tiny pool. Random. It IS extremely close to six flags and on the opposite side of the freeway is a huge swanky shopping center with average stores and restaurants. The only thing thing that made it really worth it was that food was so nearby...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tumbleweed_travels
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my way back to California from Mississippi. I called priceline and booked this room. Trusting the Priceline brand...We arrived around 1130 pm. This was a sleep stop. Yeah right...I would not even take my shoes off in this room so as you can imagine I remained completely dressed and used my own blankets to sleep in the bed. We were only here about 8 hours but that was too long! The carpet was discusting.
Completely stained. everywhere..the hole room has peeling paint. The furniture looked like something that was pulled out of the trash. The room had 2 chairs both discusting and filthy. Stained seats who knows what from. Not to mention the stained ironing board cover also stained with something yellow. The bathroom celing cracked along the entire shower. I took pictures of this room and tried to resovle this issue through priceline with no success. They say (without even asking for my pics) that they have rated this hotel and that the manager is unwilling to resolve this issue. TRAVELER BEWARE!!! THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!! ALSO VERY DISSAPOINTED IN PRICELINE!!! ISleeping in my car was a better option!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank twinter65
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I don't expect a lot from a cheap-ish motel, but I do expect sheets, but this one lacked even that!

One of the two beds had only a mattress pad---NO BOTTOM SHEET! Seriously, all we are really asking for is a decent place to sleep and a reasonably clean bathroom.

This was the kicker for us. We could live with the broken phone, broken clock, no luggage rack to put your suitcase on, refrigerator that didn't cool, the middling linens, the very poor mattress and pillows, and just the general grime of the place, but no sheets was too much. I complained about this enough that they gave us the room next door, which had sheets and more working appliances. From the previous reviews, it really seems that some rooms are better kept than others, but it isn't really all that clean. As this is the type of place I usually stay in, I feel confident in saying I have stayed at better Motel 6 locations, and I really think this place is not worth the money at all. They do have a decent breakfast, so there's that.

I would not stay here again. If you do, ask to see the room first even though this is a hassle.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first! Check for sheets.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MaggieP6789
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Great location near Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Shopping centers near by and plenty of great places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank AntoineMac
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I checked in on July 1, 2011, I am from Chula Vista California, I have stayed in several Motels in San Antonio in the past, but none as friendly and professional as this place, My arrival was a bit uncertan at first after reading some of the bad reviews, but believe, the service and staff made me welcome here. The Maintenance Man, Mr. Abalos even helped carry my belonging up to my room for me and then back down on my checkout, he was very respectful and helpful, his knowledge of local dinning and events was something that is reserved for the front desk, but this guy knew everything, The breakfast area was super clean, my room was comfortable and clean, no bugs, or broken furniture, the AC was perfect. I highly recommend the place, for ecomomy and location to Six Flags and major Shopping Centers. Thank you Rodeway Inn, Six Flags, San Antono, Texas

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Patricia32210
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We wanted to stay somewhere near the theme parks and because we were not planning on spending much time in the room, we wanted something on the economical side. Three words: BIG, FAT, MISTAKE! The only thing that this hotel has going for it is it's location. Easy to find, easy to get to Sea World, etc. But the rooms were dirty, the beds only come in full size and were very uncomfortable. Just a bad overall experience. Not recommended.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank StevieGee82