“SAN ANTONIO”

The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach
Ranked #295 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This was the worst place to stay at. The floor was so sticky that we had to wear socks or shoes. We pulled all of the bedding off and the sheets/pads had big yellow spots all over them... It smelled nasty, there was a crushed roach on the wall. You are better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Vacation_1972
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very clean and comfortable. RIGHT under the highway (elevated highway) so you can hear and feel the traffic if you get a room in back. I had one, and I rather enjoyed it, because it sounded like a low-steady grumble of a thunderstorm. Overall I would love to stay there when I'm on a budget, but the internet would go out every night at about 11, and the front desk said that I would have to wait until morning for it to be re-booted. I begged and pleaded for them to re-boot each night, and they couldn't/wouldn't, so this really was a problem for me because I work at night, and with no internet I was unable to work. No other networks I could hop on either. If it weren't for that, I'd be 100% satisfied for the value. Clean, comfortable bed and room. I didn't eat breakfast, but I hear there was a hot one. I got this hotel from one of those Hotwire "see the hotel after you buy for the special rate" and only paid like $37 dollars, so I'm not surprised that it wasn't the 4 Seasons, but again, if you need internet, this hotel is NOT FOR YOU--if you don't, it's super. The pool is very small and uninviting---the photos are deceiving. Hahaha. Is't RIGHT off the highway, with easy access everywhere, so that was a plus, and it's 5 minutes from downtown, 15 minutes from Paladium shopping, 20 minutes from the airport. Great location for a business traveler.

Front desk totally unhelpful, but I really don't care about that. If you need a concierge, this is not the place for you. If you don't mind, then it's not an issue. Not a lot of fast food of convenience stores close by; I had to drive 5 minutes to get some grub. Not a problem if you have a car. This is not where you want to stay if you don't have a car. There's nothing within walking distance at all.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front part of the hotel away from the highway if you'd be bothered by the stea...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these San Antonio hotels
BEST WESTERN Plus Downtown North
#123 of 355 in San Antonio
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtow...
#171 of 355 in San Antonio
Avenida Guadalupe
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square

Been to The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach

Property: The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach
Address: 1614 N Saint Marys St, San Antonio, TX 78215-1414 (Formerly Super 8 San Antonio/Downtown Riverwalk)
Region: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Ranked #295 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Downtown Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio