“LOOK FOR OTHER ALTERNATIVES”

The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach
Ranked #293 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Chino Hills, California
“LOOK FOR OTHER ALTERNATIVES”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed at the Super 8 Downtown Riverwalk the last night of our trip, because we couldn't get an extra night at our timeshare located at New Braunfels/Gruene.

The location of the hotel is depressive; the room was o.k. but not for approximate U$100 (including taxes, etc). The basic room rate should be U$49.99.

Anthony (I believe that was his name), the Manager on duty is a one man show...a great guy working in the wrong place.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AMISTAD144

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

I do not understand why people in other reviews are complaining about this motel so much. Yes it is near a highway, yes the pool is small and yes there's nothing in to do in the direct neighbourhood. But that is what you know in advance (have a look!).

The rooms are clean, the breakfast is OK and the lady behind the counter was very nice and helpful. Asking us if she could do everything extra, giving us parking and dining advices, all OK.

For this price it is a good motel on a location close to all major scenes in San Antonio.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Piedras Niegras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

My family and I stayed here over the weekend. The location wasn't great b/c of the highway. Other than that, we had no problems. It would have been nice to "fit" in the breakfast room, but it was TINY! The room was fine, nothing fancy, but come on, its a Super 8 not a Marriot. We had no problems, and for the price, we would go back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
houston, tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

The room was nothing special, The location is only minutes from the riverwalk but the area is HORRIBLE. I thought I was getting a great deal for the price but you definitely get what you pay for. The carpet was old and filthy, the coffe pot didn't get hot, the iron didn't work, the pool is tiny, the breakfast was okay but don't look to get full, and the area-just CREEPY,at least the towels were clean. I won't choose this motel again. If you must watch your budget then look beyond this place.

ECSTATIC to be back in HOUSTON
August 17-19

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

This hotel stay was like a nightmare! We reserved 6 rooms for our church youth group and leaders. The rooms had been reserved prior to reading all the bad reviews. With such a large group and traveling around the 4th of July we decided to keep the reservations. BIG MISTAKE! Every single bad review is completely legitimate. This was how our horrible experience started. We arrived around 5 p.m. after traveling for 11 hours, and instead of being greeted with a friendly smile by the woman behind the counter, we were sternly warned that it was a good thing we had gotten there when we had because she was about to give our rooms away. After spending nearly an hour getting our rooms and rate straightened out we were finally able to go to our rooms. We quickly found out that air conditioners did not work in two of the rooms. Meanwhile it was 108 degrees outside, as well as 108 degrees inside! We found other rooms dirty, with towels left out on counter tops and dirty sinks. We were then met with disbelief by the maintenance man who insisted he had checked these rooms and they were not like this earlier! We had no towels in several of the rooms and then the best part of all…we discovered we had no toilet paper. We all went down to request these missing items and we were very rudely informed that we didn’t have toilet paper in our rooms because they did not have any toilet paper on the property, none…no toilet paper! Who runs a hotel without toilet paper? One customer came in requesting toilet paper while we were at the front desk and was told there was no toilet paper and she politely asked if she could have some napkins! How disgraceful, I was totally appalled! She was pointed towards the continental breakfast bar to get her “toilet paper.” We eventually went and bought toilet paper for our group during our stay. We were moved out of one of the dirty rooms and put it another room, however once we opened the door to this non-smoking room we were hit in the face with the scent of stale cigarette smoke! The furniture in the room was old and broken and one of the dresser drawers was lying broken on the floor. We asked to be moved back to the dirty room and that we would clean it ourselves. The woman checking us in rolled her eyes and huffed, “I’ll move you but this is the last time!” Unbelievable! Additionally the hotel staff was aware several rooms did not have air conditioning, I assume they were just going to see who would stay in them anyway. Well guess what? They were completely booked so we were kindly given the box fan which had been at the front desk. Ironically at 8 o’clock the next morning someone from the hotel came to the door requesting their fan back! Then when we got ready to check out we were given all these extra charges! There had been safes in all the rooms (none of which were used) but we were charged for them, as well as telephones in the rooms which nobody used! Again, unbelievable! Our church youth group worked for a year to earn the money to go to San Antonio, and then to be over-charged for 6 rooms for 3 nights (one of which wasn’t even used because of the air-conditioning) is just heartbreaking! The entire experience was indescribable. I cannot believe that anyone would conduct business in this disgraceful, unprofessional, despicable manner! Shame on you Super 8, in fact I think it is false advertising to add the Super to your name!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Houston,Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

I read all reviews but after all I decided to stay here,I thought may be they wrong,or they had a bad day,next time am gonna put atention to the reviews.
First,I called the night before we arrived to be sure they have a refrigerator,they said no in the room but you can request one,so that's what I did the next day,and they said they don't have it,right know,I need wait till next day.The room suppose to have internet and hbo,they don't and the tv. looks ugly with a lot of verticals lines.The bathroom,I found a little towel from the last customers,and the faucet was broken,was to hard to take a shower with warm water.The towels doesn't smell clean,and they left one with a stain on it.The iron was too dirty,that I mess with my husband's shirt.The ice machine works to slow,that we decide to buy one bag from the gas station.They have a security box the problem was...the battery falled down,cause they loose the cover.So I don't took the risk to left my stuff inside.The pool doesn't looks like int the picture.We have problem also with the sink. So you can ignore me,like I did with the others reviews and pretend that I don't said nothing,to risk your money or you can believe all that I said and paid a little more for a better room in another motel.I hope you choose the second option,do not stay here,It's not worth.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

One of worst chain hotel experiences I've ever had. Receptionist was apathetic, rude, and of as little help as she could manage. First room had a toilet that was not clean. Second room we had (couldn't locate the cleaning staff) had a minimally functional door that required excessive force to close and the metal plate inside the frame was loose. Door was not properly closed and when we returned to the room at 9:00 PM the door was ajar. When informed, the receptionist's response was "Cleaning staff must have left it open," (as if this was a common occurrance and it was okay). We had not entered the room and the response was "what, y'all afraid to go in there?" Nothing was stolen, thankfully, but it was not the helpful response we should have received. Location NOT near Riverwalk. Kind of sketchy neighborhood-didn't feel comfortable being out late. Rooms mediocre but at least sheets were clean. Unless you are on a strict budget, I would NOT suggest staying here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends