I stayed in this hotel when I was a little girl and in December 2011, my daughter got married in La Vallita on the Riverwalk and this was our wedding hotel. We were very excited. The hotel has been renovated and is very lovely but ( note here: I had decided not to write the following but when I read here that they had tried to over charge people I had to) ...I sadly could not recommend using this as your wedding hotel. We had such a hard time with our reservations. We had a block of rooms and every one had to get their reservations by a certain time. When I started trying to book our family block, ti was just a mess. I would wait and wait, they would say they would get back to me, then my daughter tried, then my husband. I can go online myself and book a room any where in two minutes. I would be waiting weeks( yes, I said weeks) to hear back) For our family, we were only trying to book 4 rooms. ( others were getting their own) Finally, we got it all settled. Then came the wedding. I'll agree with a reviewer who said the check in was slow...and it was odd because there was staff. The renovations were not finished ( but they had inferred they might still be going on. so I'll just say, that part was not great) The wedding went beautifully and we will have good memories at the Hilton in that way for sure. But more problems came after. We had returned form the wedding and got our total billing....they had charged us for two rooms for the same guest. We said "but he was here and he stayed in his room...what is this other room in his name? He can't stay in two rooms" They said they had two rooms in his name. We said that was impossible and we did not have two confirmation numbers. They pretty much said prove it. Then we heard the parents of the groom were having trouble with their billing as well. We were never able to get our problem resolved. They just claimed we had booked two rooms for him. They would not give the money back. It was crazy. So I can't recommend the hotel for your wedding, if you are planning. Other: The staff was so so... the food at the restaurant high but I expected as much.
The hotel is beautiful, the rooms on the smaller side because it is an old hotel but they were beautifully renovated and the location fabulous. It was Christmas so just beautiful as always with the Christmas Lights . I hope this review helps those of you having a wedding. Our wedding went very smoothly aside from the booking and billing problems with this Hilton. But that is such a critical piece of every destination wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore San Antonio from the Hilton Palacio del Rio and enjoy our San Antonio hotel’s contemporary, hacienda style setting. Spectacularly situated on the banks of the famous San Antonio River Walk, this San Antonio hotel offers 485 Guest Rooms with private balconies and a range of thoughtful amenities including modern 37-inch HD TVs, high-speed internet access and a connectivity center. Unwind with a great night’s sleep in a comfy bed and admire breathtaking panoramas across San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Palacio del Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Palacio Del Rio Hotel San Antonio
- Hilton Hotel San Antonio
- Hilton San Antonio
- Palacio Del Rio Hilton
- San Antonio Hilton
- Hilton Palacio Del Rio San Antonio, Texas