“Great location”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Right on the river action and yet quiet. Very nice rooms. Comfy with the feather pillows and fluffy duvet. AC was great wich is appreciated because it is hot and humid in the city. Definitely a great place to stay

Reviewed 4 October 2012

First off, I have been a loyal HILTON HONORS member ( Diamond Status ) for some time, and yet I feel inclined to write this review.
The room service, valet, cleaning staff are beyond reproach, as good as any place I have ever been and possibly better, my issues are with the staff ( front desk ) that one deals with at checkout.
I travel in goups ( business ) and when room prices are not consistent FOR THE SAME ROOM TYPE between all of us ( we all have very similar Diamond ratings ) I tend to question their logic.
This is when the smiles fade and staff become non-committal, then lapse into VERY unprofessional behavior.
The long and short of it is that this hotel is a wonderful place PROVIDED you do not have any issues or questions, as you feel as though you are being chastised for questioning anything and left more angry than confused.

I hold over a million HILTON HONOR POINTS and am considering moving my business, in the future, to many of the other fine establishments in the immediate area.

The true sign of a great business is how you are treated when things go badly or at the very least when a potential mistake has been made,and after this episode, and I have seen enough.
This hotel is a bad apple in the HILTON chain.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank 1971Advisor1971
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us recently and being a loyal DIamond Member. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We will share your positive comments about room service, valet and housejeeping. Additionally, I am sorry your interaction with the Front Desk was not a positive one. Your feedback will help us improve our operations and better prepare our team for the future. If I can be of personal assistance the next time travel brings you back to San Antonio, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The location of this property has been updated since the last time I was there and it is lovely - great amenities and close to everything in San Antonio - you can walk everywhere. Boat tours on the river, all the different cultures of San Antonio's history. Rooms are great, service is friendly and responsive - no complaints here - take a cab, not the shuttlle - I attended a high school reunion here and even the banquet food was good.

Room Tip: all rooms have balconies and have recently been updated - get a view of the river on the west side o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank consolegal
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Palacio del Rio for business mid September. The location was excellent due to the fact that the show I was attending was directly across the street at the convention center. Also very convenient for strolling the riverwalk.
Rooms were adequate and clean. There was a key coded safe in the closet, but being that I'm short, it was a little hard to reach because it was on a higher shelf. I needed to grab a chair to make sure I had emptied it before leaving.
Wifi is not available in guest rooms which I found to be a nuissance. To get wifi, you needed to be in the lobby and it was spotty. Not what I expected.
My first night there, there was a band playing right outside my room. Even though I was on the 16th floor, I could hear it very clearly. Thankfully they only played until 10:15-10:30.
The elevators had a set up I haven't seen before. You need to choose your floor before entering the elevator and it will announce which car you need to enter to be taken to your floor. There are no buttons inside the elevator.
The light for the closet was motion activated. Not a bad feature for middle of the night restroom visits.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Just want to say thank and what a great stay it was, at the Hilton Palacio Del Rio. To the front desk girl Erica who made my mini vacation great, and to the rest of the staff as well, thank you.! San Antonio is a very beautiful city and the river makes it even better. If had to do it all over again I would not change a thing. Thank you again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Palacio Del Rio in San Antonio. Not only were the accomodations first class, in a colorful and exciting city with warm and friendly people, but we met a very special friend who helped us to feel right at home, from the beginning of our stay. Orlando is kind, polite, warm, courteous and helped us in every way possible to have the very best trip ever. His gracious thoughtfulness carried us through from beginning to end. Thanks Orlando for helping to make our trip to the Hilton so special!

Room Tip: handicapped rooms need the hi-boy toilets. To sit and have to lower yourself is hard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Hilton attending a conference at the San Antonio Convention Center. Although the hotel has undergone some renovation, it still feels somewhat dated. Hallways are dark with low ceilings. I initially was placed in a room with 2 double beds despite requesting a King sized bed on reservation. Upon calling the front desk this was changed promptly. The room was adequate but the flooring (laminate) upon entering the room and in the bathroom gave a "motel" feel to the room. The bedding was comfortable, but i was constantly awakened each night by the blast of cold air from the air conditioning which was directed precisely on the bed (this despite experimenting with different temperature settings and fan settings). The hotel is conveniently located on the river walk, with many restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business