“This hotel saved my anniversary”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“This hotel saved my anniversary”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I booked an anniversary trip for myself and husband and my parents. The hotel I booked gave my room away. So there we were with my elderly parents and no room. We happened into the Palacio Del Rio and explained our situation. Erica took excellent care of us and even apologized for the other hotel by giving us a free dinner in their fabulous Ibiza restaurant! The rooms were wonderful with the best view ever and private balconies. Every time we encountered a staff member, we were greeted with a big hello and how are you. Everyone was wonderfully nice an genuine. You saved my anniversary and that other hotel did me a favor by giving away my room! This will be my go-to hotel for San Antonio, anytime!!

Room Tip: The elevator system was a bit tricky, but was we were given the "how to" by the staff.
1 Thank Joe H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This hotel probably has what you're looking for, no matter what type of vacation you're on. My wife and I stayed here on the nights from Oct 11, 2012 until Oct 14, 2012. I like history, she likes shopping, we both love atmosphere. LaVillita? next door, Rivercenter Mall? a block, convention center? across the street, Hemisfair Park? across the street, Tower of the Americas? in Hemisfair park, Alamo? two blocks, Mercado? about 8 blocks, Spanish Governor's Palacio?, about 6 blocks. river taxi/river tour? in front of the hotel. These are all easy walks, (keeping in mind we're old folks.)
The Hotel's lower level opens directly on the Riverfront, and makes it very easy to get to all of the restaurants and clubs the riverfront has to offer. We walked up and down the area looking for "something different" for dinner and often found ourselves frequently eating at the hotel's Ibiza restaurant. The food was great, the prices very reasonable, and the service spectacular. When you plant your butt for dinner, ask if Sierra is working, she'll give you great service, a smile, and workable advice about what you need to know to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: The hotel faces almost exactly east/west. If you want morning sun and city view from your balcony, s...
1 Thank Gone2day
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just a short note to recommend the outstanding customer service I recently enjoyed while staying at this Hilton. In particular ther service offered by Shiela both in the Hotel and at the sports bar by the river walk was nothing short of inspirational. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hotel is in great walking distance to the Almo, downtown, Rivercenter mall and river walk. It is even walking distance to Market square - if you can walk 1-2 miles at a time.

The staff is friendly. It is clean. The only thing that I noticed is the road noise. We stayed on the 14th floor. I slept with ear plugs in and could still hear the traffic below. The entire outside wall is windows with a balcony. I don't know if the RiverWalk side is quieter or not - I would think so.

Room Tip: Perhaps River walk side - might be less street noise. Higher floors would help, too.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Can't say enough about how impressed we with the impeccable customer service observed during our say this past weekend :)
Every single employee that we encountered during our stay greeted us with a smile and a welcoming comment !
The accommodations were beautiful and well kept.
Housekeeping even took time to say hello and "how are you enjoying your stay" as we passed them in the hallway !
It was our anniversary and Maria (operator I believe is her title) upgraded our room to a river walk view and even treated us to breakfast the day of our departure !!
We are frequent wordly travelers and I do not believe I have ever witnessed such an impeccably trained staff as we did at this Hilton in San Antonio Texas :)
The management and staff are to be commented :)

TX
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Did a quick overnight at the Hilton last weekend. We opted for the pre-check in on the HH site. Room remodeling is complete. We stayed on 17th floor (HH Gold member). Had a nice balcony view and excellent breakfast buffet. TIPS - Even number rooms face RW, odd have city view. Cheap parking at SA city lot on corner of Market and Bowie. $9.00/day (starts counting at 0800 hrs), cash or checks only, no CC. Easy 3 block walk to Hilton (right past River Center Mall entrance). It was cool on Sunday and there was a hot chocolate station in the valet waiting area, nice touch. Good stay. Good location. BYOB and enjoy!

Room Tip: Odd numbers face city, even face RW. Some floors are designated for HH members. All have balconies...
Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Longview
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Really enjoyed our stay on the river walk. The hotel staff were among the friendliest we have encountered any where. We always felt welcomed each time we walked in or out of the hotel. The wait staff in the restaurant were also very friendly and attentive. Our room was on the 11th floor. It was very clean, but the traffic noise was a little loud. The rooms have been updated, so everything was nice and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great river walk experience. Orlando with guest services was also helpful and friendly.