“Exceptional Service”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at your facilities and enjoyed every minute of mine and my wife's stay. I wanted to tell you that a particular person in general, made our stay most comfortable and stress free evironment and overall an amazing stay. I do not know if he is a receptionist or concierge, but our stay was amazing due to his switch actions and witty intellect, he was able to accommodate my wife's needs to ensure she was quite satisfied. As I was on a business trip with my spouse I feel as if this young man went above and beyond to made sure any of our needs were met.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were amazed at the renovations of our favorite hotel! We have been coming here for years. we were thrilled.!! Brian was extremely efficient and he was always so easy to approach. He also introduced us to Logan, the Journey Ambassador, who showed us some great dining experiences! While I was at meetings, Logan, catered to my wife and set up private shopping at a market in the River Center Mall. If I had known it would be a champagne pour I might have missed one or two meetings Hilton Palacio you will see you again!

oduced

• Stayed September 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel was beyond beautiful. The bathroom was tech savy with every amenity. Beds were so very comfortable, I slept like a baby. The kind, helpful staff and being on the river walk just added to that equation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I were in San Antonio for a family event and decided to splurge and stay on the River Walk. We were just there for one night but with the great location of this hotel, we were able to do just about everything on our list. The hotel was nice, although a little pricey. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We didn't like our first room (it was too close to the street and very noisy). The front desk was very accommodating and moved us into a more appropriate room. We really wanted a balcony that looked over the river and they were careful to make sure we got just the right room. (Note: if you want a room with a view of the river request a lower level room - no higher than the 7th floor. Also, rooms that end in 28 or higher will be very close to the street and the balconies are noisy.)
The room itself was lovely. Recently renovated and appointed as I would expect from a Hilton hotel. The bathroom was very modern and updated. The room was very clean, as was the balcony. I was pleasantly surprised by the balcony....both the size and the furnishings. Really comfy chairs on the balcony.
The location couldn't be better! The river cruise boarded just outside the hotel, the convention center is right across the street and the Alamo is a short walk away!

Room Tip: Rooms that end in 27+ are going to be noisy because they are right next to a major street. If you w...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Nicely situation on the Riverwalk. Wonderful staff and nice surroundings in the hotel. Rooms were decent. Very clean and modern. I was a little confused by the lights etc! I did enjoy the decorations with a modern southwest feel. Really disappointed that no room service between midngiht and six and the restaurant didn't open until six thirty am for breakfast. For a hotel of this stature, I wouldn't have expected it. There are many military/government folks here and having to start a day at seven didn't leave much time for breakfast at the hotel. Elevators were very odd in that you had to punch in your room number and get an elevator. Did make elevators seem to be much quicker, but it was very odd to get inan elevator without buttons. Also if you punched in the wrong room of missed your floor, it was quite a pain. Also very noisy with programs on the Riverwalk. Heard music and movies outdoors until 10pm. Didn't help with sleeping and I was on the 8th floor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Great hotel right on the River Walk. Every room has a balcony. Service is good the hotel pool is very nice. Bring your suit. I recommend eating the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant I would stay there again. Only one block from the Alamo

• Stayed August 2013
Schertz, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent service, hotel is right on River Walk making it easy to get there, Valet parking while pricey at 40.00 was worth it to not have to deal with vehicle. Ate breakfast buffet and it was awesome. Staff was very polite and helpful. Great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to tell us about your experience. It is great to hear you enjoyed your interaction with our team members as well as enjoyed breakfast at the River's Edge Cafe & Patio Bar. We look forward to having you back again soon!