“Hilton Palacio Del Rio San Antonio”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #14 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fairly expensive but worth every dime. No disappointments during our stay. Services and food all top notch. Located right on the River walk within walking distance of all downtown attractions. A very nice experience. Would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,070)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was wonderful. Alexander our bellman was very informative and helpful. The location was just great. We also did a lot of shopping right on the river-walk. I for one would love to go back as soon as possible.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice hotel. Location is awesome. Be sure to ask for river walk side high enough to where you aren't looking right at the water tower. Noise usually quiets down after 11:00-11:30 at least when we were there. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Hilton Palacio del Rio does not disappoint. Conveniently located on the Riverwalk within walking distance of The Alamo and some wonderful restaurants and other historical spots such as the Menger Hotel, it seems the perfect place to do a San Antonio tour. Drinks were wonderful alongside the Riverwalk and service was overall terrific. Rooms recently remodeled were lovely and accommodating. Here is the best part. I had inadvertently left a bag containing 5 pairs of my best shoes/sandals and my brand new cowboy boots. When I realized it, I was already two hours away. The hotel management searched high and low for that bag, then when someone found it and turned it in, they kindly packaged and mailed them to me at home! I appreciated this so much!!! A friend from Texas always stays here and has had several parties here as well and just loves it. It is worth the money to stay on the Riverwalk!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My name is Isom Ross. I arrived at the Hilton Palacio del Rio with my wife, who was in the city for a conference. We arrived at the hotel by taxi. After checking in we were assisted by a bellman by the name of Alexe. He greeted us with a huge smile and proceeded to assist us. Shortly after entering our hotel room, I realized I had left my carry on bag in the taxi. I began to panic as the bag contained all of my medications for diabetes, hypertension and back pain. In addition, my blood glucose monitor was in the bag. Alexe immediately phoned the cab company to make them aware of the mistake I had made. They explained that they could send the medication back at a cost of $40.00 or we could drive 12 miles to pick it up. Neither of those options was feasible. Alexe then spoke to his manager, Mr. John Flores. Mr. Flores intervened and drove to the cab company and picked up the bag for me. I was able to take all my medication that evening and avoid having any health complications. Both Alexe and Mr. Flores went above and beyond their duties to ensure that my needs were met and my stay would be an enjoyable one. I would like to commend each of them for their consideration and assistance. I fully intend to return to the Hilton Palacio del Rio and recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I were in San Antonio for a Global Conference held during the last week of April. Our 4 day stay at the Hilton Palacio del Rio was the highlight of our trip. The location was perfect. It is a short walk to the Convention Center and close to many of the activities during Fiesta. The staff were attentitve to all of our needs and went out of their way to share the inside scoop on the local must see attractions and dining. Every staff member we encountered including the front desk, bell hop, parking attendant and maid service were kind, smiling and pleasant. We would especially like to thank the wonderful staff in the restaurant at the River's Edge Cafe. The Manager "Norma" and waitress 'Rosa" treated my husband and myself like family. The food was excellent and the Chef's' specialites were supurb. This cafe definitely should not be kept under lock and key.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Annie N
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We booked at the last minute and got a nice room. We went for a Spurs playoff game and had a great time! This is the second time we've stayed at this Hilton - you should add that question, how many times have you previously stayed here?