“Our fave place to stay on the Riverwalk”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed multiple times at this hotel. The updates are better than any we have seen. It is very convenient to the River - directly on the river. Very close to multiple restaurants on the RIverwalk as well as shopping at the River Center and La Villita.

Room Tip: River side!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Over all a very good hotel. Had no complaints about the accommodations. They were very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately it was during the playoffs and the spurs won every night so I had trouble sleeping due to the honking cars, yelling and celebrating. One night there was a roof top party at the hotel a few floors below my room with music so loud I could not sleep. Food was great. Enjoyed being right on the river walk with all it has to offer. Had some mix up with the billing which staff handled professionally but each did not seem to be able to tell what another had done when it was in the computer. They did it all with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Patriciak H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights during Memorial weekend, which was actually a surprise as we had booked the Romance Package at this hotel 8 months previous. Hotel is well located right on River Walk, check in was easy and our room was excellent.
Balcony overlooked River Walk, rooms are well appointed, great bed and linen, clean and comfortable, balcony was West facing so we had sun right up to setting.
Breakfast is a buffet with multiple choices including omelettes to order; all in all an excellent hotel, staff are attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: Try Romance package
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Location is great, accommodation is less than what I expect from the Hilton chain. The room smelled of mold, warm water showers, & a lobby bar that is rarely open. I was only informed of happy hour after a 3 day stay. This happy hour is located at other venues & high priced, low quality restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank TKinSeattle
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear TKinSeattle - Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate your feedback about the room and we will share your comments with our housekeeping team. Additionally, we just recently improved our micro-boilers so hot water should be hot! We will also try to improve our communications to help guests know about whatever specials we have throughout the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night during Memorial Day weekend. Place was superb. Like all Hilton properties you get amazing customer service. The hotel was very modern with a digital elevator dial and sensor lights in the guest room. I am a good member and had a room on the 20th with good views of downtown San Antonio. The hotel is right in the middle of downtown so we walked to the river center mall and then to get ice cream. All in all great hotel with great features and an amazing location. But keep in mind I only stayed 1 night so I didn't get to see/experience every amenity Definitely recommend. FYI, valet parking is $39

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hilton property over Memorial Day weekend. I booked 2 rooms. The rooms were lovely. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The bedding was excellent. And everything was clean and fresh. Really a great experience that exceeded my expectations. All members I our party, even those that generally don't sleep wee slept great. I would love to know what the brand of the mattress is. When I replace my bed at home, Thea beds are a contender.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

On the Riverwalk and close to the Alamo, the hotel has a nice feel to it. Staff was helpful with advice and a restaurant reservation. Only less-than-optimum experience was being briefly stuck in a balky elevator. Happily, help came quickly. I'd visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014