Hilton Palacio del Rio
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$136
  • Breakfast included
US$171
US$165
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$174
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$361
US$314
Hotels.com
3,135 results
All reviewsconvention centerthe rivervalet parkingself parkroom servicelobby barper daytwo blocksvalet servicerivercenter malleasy accesspilarbalconyelevatorfloorriverwalkalamo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great location right on the river walk with easy access from highway. Good elements of the hotel include a nice pool and good fitness center. Overall property is dated and showing signs of wear. Additionally, disappointed that we had requested (and confirmed) a king bed, but were informed only two twins available. Hotel comped parking to compensate, but would rather have simple received what we were promised.

Room Tip: Great views of Riverwalk, but will be asked to pay more.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Brett H - Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the positive comments about our location, pool and fitness center. We appreciate your feedback about not delivering on the bed type expectation. We will share your comments with the Front Desk team to improve on this area. I apologize that we failed to deliver and what what confirmed. We hope to regain your trust the next time your visit.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I checked in. Went up to my room that had been specifically requested with a reservation, river view 5th or 6th floor. Got a room on the 5th floor; great right? NO! THE BED WAS MADE BUT SOMEONE HAD BEEN SLEEPING ON THE BED! The pillow had the endention of a head the bed was wrinkled, bodily fluids on the white comforter!! I went into the bathroom and found an opened and used soap bar, dirty towel on the bath counter & a used condum on the floor!!! I immediately called the front desk and was told they would either put me in a room with two double beds or in a king room on the 18th floor! I explained that I had requested a river view on a lower floor. I was rudely told "too bad that's all we have''...ah no I'm checking out I said. Got to the front desk and was directed to the manager who didn't even apologize! When I demanded that my card NOT be charged she said the card was authorized at check in & run. All they can do is check me out and "hopefully the refund will only take 3 days!'' $300.00 a night $600.00 tied up of unusable funds!
Then I'm rudely told that they found me a room, but you said all you had was the 18th floor..well lower floor but NO RIVER VIEW... uggg what don't you understand?? Geez, just get me get out of this hot crappy hotel!! Beware of the filthy rooms and RUDE employees!

Room Tip: Plenty of other very nice hotels on he river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie A
Isabel M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We certainly understand the importance of guest feedback. On behalf of the Hilton Hilton Palacio del Rio Team, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I deeply regret the confusion regarding your reservation and apologize that we checked you into a room that was not ready. I can assure you, we at the Hilton team are continually searching for ways to improve the quality of service our guests receive. Your experience and comments have been shared with the staff as a reminder of how each of us can affect customer service. I personally, can certainly understand the disappointment you felt with your stay not being all you expected. This is not indicative of the service Hilton prides itself on.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in a room overlooking the river. The hotel is old, built around 1968 for San Antonio's Hemisfair. However, its very clean and in very good condition. Parking is relatively expensive; about $30 for self parking, $40 for valet parking. San Antonio is a unique American City. The River Walk is a lot of fun, many shops and restaurants. At Christmas, it is decorated with strings of lights. Walk along the river, but also see the missions (The Alamo is one of these). Downtown is characterized by narrow (many one way) streets. If you can, see a performance at the Majestic. Built in 1929, it is one of the Nation's largest surviving atmospheric movie palaces. Visit Market Square on the west side of downtown and have dinner at one of the Mexican restaurants. Warning: If the Mariachi band plays a requested song, they expect a very large tip.

Room Tip: Book a river view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed. Great river views. I have been in this hotel many times and have always enjoyed the lobby bar. Games on the big screen and live piano are always enjoyable. On this trip, Rhonda, the bartender at the lobby bar showed EXCEPTIONAL customer service! I had a wine bottle that I could not open. She smiled, opened it promptly, offered wine glasses so I could enjoy it properly and then wished me a good stay. She exemplifies what I hope for and is the reason we return here time and time again when we visit San Antonio. Thank you!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank MarcyAg82
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Palacio del Rio on Easter weekend. This hotel is beautiful and the employees are extremely friendly. Our room even had a balcony that overlooked the Riverwalk.
The hotel seems to have been updated very recently which is a bonus! And the Breakfast was terrific!!! ...cant beat the made to order omelets!!! This is definitely my favorite hotel on the Riverwalk!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple