“NOISY”

Ranked #13 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Eagan, Minnesota
“NOISY”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice people, clean, modern rooms as you would expect with a Hilton. BUT....this is among the noisiest hotels I've been in - sounded like an elephant above me, I could hear the conversation through the wall next to me and they weren't even yelling and the street noise was absolutely obnoxious. If you sleep well stay here - if you don't then don't even think of staying at this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear AteTOOMuch - Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to tell us about your experience. It is great to hear you enjoyed our staff, recent renovations and that our housekeeping team delivered on the details. We have been experiencing more traffic noise lately, as Spurs fans celebrate after winning games during the playoffs (sorry Miami fans). We are also addressing the lack of insulation between rooms that adjoin. We hope to regain your trust the next time you visit San Antonio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Palacio Del Rio for our anniversary weekend. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and the Rivercenter Mall and the Palacio delivered on all three. Since we had a river-view room, we were able to watch the show in the outdoor theater on the river. The shows would often go on until about 10:30. So, if you go to bed early, you may want avoid the river-view rooms. My wife and I had a great stay and would definitely stay at the Palacio again. PS: The Palacio is very close to Casa Rio, an excellent restaurant. If you go to Casa Rio, try the Tortilla Soup!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jacob K
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to celebrate our anniversary at this beautiful hotel. The room service staff was awesome and did a great you with our amenity. Housekeeper Ana was extremely nice and helpful. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is actually a great hotel and I have stayed there several times. However, yesterday I checked out and today realized I left my IPad in the room. I called and Brian at the lost and found department was very responsive and prompt. He said the IPad wasn't found. I know I left it there. I know where it was. I hope it turns up. In the meantime, I am told there isn't anything they can do but put in an incident report. I am writing in the hopes that if others have had things go missing, they will speak up. I have the option on my IPad to be able to track it, so as soon as someone try to go online, I will be able to tell where it is. I hope this was just an oversight and look forward to the return of the IPad. Again, this is a lovely place to stay, but I am very sad about my lost item. It was my fault for leaving it there, but I do know it was there when I left.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Michelle M
Dear Michelle M - Thank you for staying with us again recently! We very much appreciate the positive comments about our property. I am sorry your Ipad is missing and I know our security department is looking into the situation as well as contacting you directly. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you visit.
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nicely appointed rooms with automatic lighting. Great downtown location, balcony overlooking the river. It was very quiet despite the crowded area it was in.
The room was very clean (other than some dark hair in the shower that didn't come from me).

I wasn't all that impressed with having two people come knocking on the door (and starting to enter the room) when I had a do not disturb sign on the door. I was given a late checkout, but both the guy with the large trash can, and the house keeper who knocked did it before check out. If that is the routine, why even put the 'do not disturb' signs on the doors for guests to use?

Room Tip: I was on the eighth floor, and could not really hear any noise down below with the patio door closed...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lori B
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great location right on the river walk with easy access from highway. Good elements of the hotel include a nice pool and good fitness center. Overall property is dated and showing signs of wear. Additionally, disappointed that we had requested (and confirmed) a king bed, but were informed only two twins available. Hotel comped parking to compensate, but would rather have simple received what we were promised.

Room Tip: Great views of Riverwalk, but will be asked to pay more.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Brett H - Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the positive comments about our location, pool and fitness center. We appreciate your feedback about not delivering on the bed type expectation. We will share your comments with the Front Desk team to improve on this area. I apologize that we failed to deliver and what what confirmed. We hope to regain your trust the next time your visit.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I checked in. Went up to my room that had been specifically requested with a reservation, river view 5th or 6th floor. Got a room on the 5th floor; great right? NO! THE BED WAS MADE BUT SOMEONE HAD BEEN SLEEPING ON THE BED! The pillow had the endention of a head the bed was wrinkled, bodily fluids on the white comforter!! I went into the bathroom and found an opened and used soap bar, dirty towel on the bath counter & a used condum on the floor!!! I immediately called the front desk and was told they would either put me in a room with two double beds or in a king room on the 18th floor! I explained that I had requested a river view on a lower floor. I was rudely told "too bad that's all we have''...ah no I'm checking out I said. Got to the front desk and was directed to the manager who didn't even apologize! When I demanded that my card NOT be charged she said the card was authorized at check in & run. All they can do is check me out and "hopefully the refund will only take 3 days!'' $300.00 a night $600.00 tied up of unusable funds!
Then I'm rudely told that they found me a room, but you said all you had was the 18th floor..well lower floor but NO RIVER VIEW... uggg what don't you understand?? Geez, just get me get out of this hot crappy hotel!! Beware of the filthy rooms and RUDE employees!

Room Tip: Plenty of other very nice hotels on he river.
4 Thank Debbie A
Isabel M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We certainly understand the importance of guest feedback. On behalf of the Hilton Hilton Palacio del Rio Team, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I deeply regret the confusion regarding your reservation and apologize that we checked you into a room that was not ready. I can assure you, we at the Hilton team are continually searching for ways to improve the quality of service our guests receive. Your experience and comments have been shared with the staff as a reminder of how each of us can affect customer service. I personally, can certainly understand the disappointment you felt with your stay not being all you expected. This is not indicative of the service Hilton prides itself on.