Menger Hotel
US$163
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$136
US$196
US$165
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$236
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$314
Hotels.com
US$163
2,808 results
All reviewsmenger barteddy rooseveltcolonial roommango ice creamghost tourcolonial restauranthistorical hotelthe river walkrocking chairslots of historyalamo plazarooms are smallvalet parkingthe location is perfectconvention centerwater pressurelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2011

one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First the staff was horrible, especially the front desk. Every front desk clerk lacked basic problem solving skills, and had below average intelligence (which made a minor check in problem a huge problem). When I finally got to talked to a front desk manger about my problem he may of had the intelligence to solve it but lacked any customer service ability. Second don't eat at the restaurant on site unless you like slow service, over priced poor quality food. Third, apparently at menger hotel historic means broken down and dilapidated, there was a lot of improvements needed and I think the management cuts corners by hiding under the historic hotel banner. I could write a book about what is wrong with this hotel seeing that it almost ruined my 1st year wedding anniversary but I won't and just say that what ever you do stay far away from the menger hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veer83
hectorvenegas, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

We appreciate you taking time to advise Trip Advisor of your experience during your recent stay.
We regret that you did not have a positive experience and felt our front office staff and management were not responsive to you.

Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to our committment to excellance.

Thank you again for your response.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

We stayed for 2 days 23 April 2011 and had a room with 2 double beds as we wanted the extra space and we weren't disappointed.
The beds were very comfortable, the AC worked fine and wasn't too noisy, the bathroom was clean and spacious. There was also TV, coffee making facilities and iron/board. We had 2 peaceful nights sleep as the room was nice and quite, we had a view overlooking the Alamo.

The staff are very efficient and friendly. The old photos around the reception area are fascinating!
The Menger bar is like stepping back 100 years into an old saloon!
The fitness room is a tad small but does the job! The swimming pool is quite a large one and very well maintained. They provide towels for the pool area.
The courtyard is very pretty and the rocking chairs make for a nice relaxing few miniutes!

The car parking is quite expensive at $25 a night, but hey ho - you pay for the convenience of staying in a unique hotel in a brilliant location!
Really enjoyed my stay at the Menger, thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
hectorvenegas, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to advise Trip Advisor of your delightful experience during your stay at the Historic Menger Hotel.

We strive to have all our guest leave the Historic Menger Hotel with fond memories and will share your comments with our entire staff as reinforcement to our commitment to excellence.

Once again, thank you and we hope that when your travels bring you back to San Antonio you will once again choose the Historic Menger Hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed at the Menger on a recent visit to San Antonio. Old hotels can be a mixed bag, usually full of character and history but also bad plumbing and creaky beds. Glad to report the Menger is 100% of the former and none of the latter. We booked a King bed room but were up-graded to a suite overlooking the pool. The room was beautifully furnished and super clean. The bath was small but adequate and the temp and pressure of the shower was fine. Breakfast in the dining room was reasonable and nicely served. The old bar was a treat although the smell of smoke was a bit much to take for non-smokers. The hotel is 2 blocks from the Riverwalk and right across the street from the Alamo. Would certainly stay here again next time we visit San Antonio.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your response to Trip Advisor and are pleased to learn that your stay was satisfactory. Our goal is for every guest to leave with fond memories and we appreciate that you shared your positive experience withTrip Advisor.

Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to our commitment to excellence.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your return to the Historic Menger Hotel when your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

A very good experience overall. I chose it based on location/price/other reviews. After 2 nights, I couldn't sleep due to noisy neighbours in adjoining room. The desk clerk was extremely courteous and helpful in giving me another room, which turned out to be very peaceful, though overlooking the Plaza. During the move I left behind a favourite skirt. Didn't miss it until packing a few days later. Another desk clerk was helpful, but it was late Sat night, and couldn't retrieve it. Next morning a 6.30, the Loss Prevention man was very helpful and I was reunited with my missing skirt. I would only question the hotel's guest database as I was there for 3 more days after the skirt was left behind.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Only1way2spellNorah
Reviewed 23 May 2011

• Stayed: May 2011
hectorvenegas, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to repsond to Trip Advisor. We are pleased that we were able to relocate you when you reported your discomfort and you enjoyed your visit at the Historic Menger. Hotel.

Our housekeeping staff removes any items left in a guest room to be stored until a guest contacts us. We apologize that this caused a delay in returning your skirt.

We hope that when you return to San Antonio, you will once again choose the Historic Menger Hotel and we look forward to your return.