Menger Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
2,808 results
All reviewsmenger barteddy rooseveltcolonial roommango ice creamghost tourcolonial restauranthistorical hotelthe river walkrocking chairslots of historyalamo plazarooms are smallvalet parkingthe location is perfectconvention centerwater pressurelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL and full of history. I can say it was haunted because that night I stayed, at night the tv turned on and after I turned it off I heard bangs on wall. I also could not sleep well, I know it wasn't the bed because it was comfortable, but I felt weird and I kept on getting cramps on my legs. The next morning while looking down on the balcony admiring the view I saw the pool there was only a man cleaning the pool. When I turned back into the room I heard a splash. I saw outside again and the man had fallen into the pool and looked frantic getting out. I guess maybe a ghost pushed him in?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
hectorvenegas, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Your comments that you shared with Trip Advisor are truly appreciated.

It is always a pleasure when a guest recognizes our efforts toward historic preservation. I have shared your comments with the ladies and gentlemen of our staff. It is our goal to have every guest leave with fond memories.

We look forward to your return to the Historic Menger Hotel and downtown San Antonio.

best regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Its just too old for me. You can renovate the rooms while preserving the history of the Menger. Our room was extremely outdated.

Valet service also needs serious improvement. it seemed to have no organization at all.

I just didn't feel like I was getting what I paid for.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trevor S

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your expectations were not met and we did not have the opportunity to speak to you during your stay.

Sharing your comments with the ladies and gentlemen of our staff provides me the opportunity to reinforce our commitment toward exemplary guest satisfaction.

We look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to San Antonio and the Historic Menger Hotel.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

nice stay at the menger hotel. great pool and right next door to the alamo, service was great but our room needed to be looked at decoration wise,we found the parking here expensive at 28 dollars per night, very expensive at san antonio to go out at local bars and eateries and lots of homeless people with a drug problem here outside the hotel at night,they were moved on by the police but came back soon after. so much history at this hotel and a prime position.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
hectorvenegas, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We truly appreciate you taking time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the discomfort you felt outside of the Historic Menger Hotel..

Our Loss Prevention staff is on property 24 hours and is diligent to make sure that our guests are safe and secure. I have shared your comments with the ladies and gentlemen of our staff as reinforcement of our commitment toward exemplary guest satisfaction.

We look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to downtown San Antonio and the Historic Menger Hotel.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We love to go to the Menger Hotel for family fun. It is beautiful and charming and full of history. You can go to the bar where Teddy Roosevelt assembled his rough riders, you can stay in rooms where Presidents have slept, and you can see the huge picture used in the movie "GIANT". Even better, we never have to get in our car for fun. The river walk is across the street, the mall and Imax are next door, the Alamo is just steps away and there are many fun attractions all around or a trolley ride away. My 10 year old twins love the pool and gift shops. They love the ice cream shop next door too. And, for a nice hotel, the prices are great and the staff is always so helpful. This is by far our favorite place to stay. It is a family tradition now.

Room Tip: ask about rooms with two bathrooms if traveling with family. They have some and they are the same price!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeri H

We are pleased that as a frequent guest, that you took the time to share your fun family experience with Trip Advisor. We are pleased that we provided you and your family with such fond memories.

Your comments have been shared with the ladies and gentlemen of our staff as reinforcement of our commitment toward exemplary guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to meeton your return to the Historic Menger Hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is steeped in history. Lovely historic hotel with great amenities. Great location within walking distance to "Alamo" and Riverwalk area. Starbucks coffee in the rooms! The hotel is a great place to just visit for the history of the place.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the quietest ones.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hectorvenegas, General Manager at Menger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We truly appreciate you sharing your delightful experience of your stay at the Historic Menger Hotel.

Your comments have been shared with the ladies and gentlemen of our staff as reinforcement of our comittment toward exemplary guest satisfaction. We are pleased we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your return to the Historic menger Hotel.